British boy falls to death in MalaysiaJuly 31st, 2012 - 1:37 am ICT by IANS
London, July 31 (IANS) A nine-year-old British boy has died after falling from a hotel window while holidaying in Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur.
Matthew Hamer, of York, was a popular member of an under-nine’s cricket team, Daily Mail reported.
His coach Alan Fletcher said: “It is devastating news. Matthew was a good member of the under-nines team. He had been with us for three years and he was a smashing young lad.
“He never got up to any mischief…He tried really hard with his cricket and showed talent on the pitch. We understand he fell from a window or fire escape, though the detail is sketchy on precisely what happened.”
The Foreign Office confirmed a British national had died in Kuala Lumpur, but said, it could not give further information as the death involved a child.
Matthew’s mother Jane and father Keith, a university lecturer, are understood to be still be in Malaysia.
- Malaysian girl dies during exorcism ritual - Aug 07, 2012
- Fletcher to take over Indian cricket team after Windies tour (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Malaysia accident: Dead Indians to be brought home - Mar 06, 2012
- Branson to work as air hostess on AirAsia flight - Nov 17, 2010
- Class four student run over in Delhi - Jul 27, 2012
- Malaysian opposition MP's sex video emerges - Mar 21, 2011
- Alan Isaac to take over ICC's presidency from Pawar - Jun 23, 2012
- Malaysia to resolve ethnic Indians' citizenship issues - Dec 31, 2010
- What happened to Mongoose bats? - Apr 12, 2012
- Prior felt 'stupid' over broken Lord's window - Jun 10, 2011
- Low enrolment may force closure of Tamil schools in Malaysian estates - Jun 03, 2010
- Malaysian opposition leader acquitted in sodomy case - Jan 09, 2012
- Indian air chief for Malaysia to promote military ties (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Emirates launches A-380 flights to Malaysia - Jan 02, 2012
- Malaysian Indian leader restrained from registering members - Mar 08, 2011