British Asian hair doctor guilty of sexual assault on clientsSeptember 15th, 2008 - 11:24 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 15 (IANS) Praminder Mankoo, a leading British hair consultant of Asian origin, has been found guilty of sexually assaulting his clients. He called women with scalp problems for “stress relieving massages” but groped their private parts instead. A local London court heard several victims recall their “dreadful” experiences at the Thames clinic of Mankoo, a father of four. They said he used to grope their private parts in the guise of treatment and even tried to force himself on them..
A victim, Rayne Franklin of Berkshire who visited the clinic in 1998, came out in the open against Mankoo and gave a vivid description of the sexual assault on her.
Many other victims said the doctor used to lock the door of the examination room and begin his treatment, usually disrobing himself down to his shorts, often even forcing the women into vulgar acts.
Most women were shocked into silence or bore their embarrassment alone for fear of bad publicity, until one of them took him to court.
The court was told of the strange goings-on at the clinic for over several years. A decade ago, Mankoo was issued a police warning on the basis of a woman’s complaint.
Chairman of the Institute of Trichologists told the court categorically that no “massage to help circulation to the scalp should even go to the front of the shoulders, let alone the breast area”, according to the Daily Mail.
Defending Mankoo, lawyer Christine Agnew said her client needed time to “put his house in order” before sentencing. The judge agreed to give Mankoo bail for a month before announcing the sentence, but warned him not to offer any form of massage except for the scalp and not to administer any treatment at his clinic if another female was not present.
- Indian-origin hair doc jailed for lewd acts on clients - Oct 20, 2008
- Bogus physiotherapist in UK faces jail for sexually assaulting women - Jan 20, 2011
- Indian-origin doctor on trial for 'fondling' patients' breasts - Dec 02, 2008
- Kiwi 'bra man' charged with indecent assault - Jan 23, 2011
- British soldier jailed for rape - Mar 10, 2012
- A driving instructor who groped learners as punishment - Dec 13, 2010
- Man who posed as yoga expert to assault women jailed - Oct 21, 2010
- Weight-loss doctor in US arrested for sexually assaulting his patients - Apr 13, 2011
- UK doc 'sexually assaulted patients and told a colleague to keep quiet' - Apr 19, 2011
- Florist gets 10-year jail for raping octogenarian - Jan 31, 2012
- Brit tax boss accused of groping 5 women on packed trains - Dec 04, 2010
- 73-year-old man jailed for sexually abusing boys - Jun 26, 2011
- Discovery to help balding men regrow hair - Jun 26, 2012
- Man, teen sent back to US over exploitation fears - Jul 26, 2012
- US serial killer gets death penalty - Aug 13, 2011