Britain’s Prince Andrew to visit Kohima May 1April 25th, 2012 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
Kohima, April 25 (IANS) Britain’s Prince Andrew will May 1 visit Kohima, the capital of Nagaland, to commemorate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign, an official said Wednesday.
The prince, who is the Duke of York, will undertake a tour of India from April 29 to May 6. He is scheduled to visit Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Kohima to mark the completion of 60 years of the British monarch’s accession to the throne.
“Prince Andrew will be visiting Kohima May 1. He will pay a visit to the World War II cemetery and World War II museum there,” additional chief secretary Alemtemshi Jamir told IANS.
A public civic reception will also be accorded to the visiting dignitary at Kohima, he said.
Security agencies are on their toes to ensure the smooth visit of Prince Andrew to this mountainous state capital.
Meanwhile, a cabinet meeting held Tuesday at the chief minister’s residential office, decided to “heartily welcome the Prince to Kohima” with all possible assistance and courtesies.
Nagaland chief secretary Lalthara has been tasked with coordinating the visit and assigning responsibilities to officers and departments concerned to ensure the smooth conduct of the programme.
Members of the British royal family will tour the globe, representing the Queen throughout the Diamond Jubilee year, visiting every realm as well as undertaking visits to Commonwealth countries, Crown Dependencies and British Overseas Territories.
- Prince Andrew to visit naval command, Ambani school - Apr 30, 2012
- Prince Andrew to visit destitute home in Kolkata - May 02, 2012
- Prince Charles' tribute to his 'mama' on her diamond jubilee celebrations - Jun 01, 2012
- Prince Charles' humour fantastic: Barlow - Jun 04, 2012
- Pope greets Queen Elizabeth - Jun 06, 2012
- Abu Dhabi crown prince attends Elizabeth's diamond jubilee - May 19, 2012
- Wills, Kate's world tour next year will help ease Queen's Diamond Jubilee workload - May 03, 2011
- Elizabeth II becomes second-longest reigning British monarch - May 12, 2011
- Fire guts Nagaland CM's residence, narrow escape for family - Feb 08, 2011
- Adele, Cowell paint portraits for Queen - Apr 09, 2012
- Gilani calls off visit for Queen's diamond jubilee - Jun 02, 2012
- Nagaland makes industry out of its music - Aug 28, 2012
- Compensate for slavery: Jamaica - Mar 06, 2012
- Nagaland donates Rs.1 mn to flood-hit Thailand - Nov 17, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth hosts diamond jubilee lunch - May 20, 2012
Tags: british monarch, british overseas territories, british royal family, cabinet meeting, chief secretary, civic reception, commonwealth countries, courtesies, crown dependencies, diamond jubilee, dignitary, duke of york, mountainous state, prince andrew, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, residential office, smooth conduct, world war ii, world war ii museum