Britain to increase visa fees from April 6April 1st, 2010 - 5:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 1 (IANS) The British government has revised its visa fees with a maximum increase of 2.5 percent. The new fees will be effective from April 6.
“In most visa categories the maximum fee increase is 2.5 percent,” a statement issued by the British high commission said.
The details of the new visa fees in Indian rupees can be found on the website - www.vfs-uk-in.com.
The high commission noted that in several categories, fees continued to be lower than the actual processing cost. “Examples of subsidised visa categories include tourist visas and also the tier four student visa which reflects the contribution made by international students to the UK economy and education,” it added.
A new visa category will also be introduced, known as ‘dependent relative’. “This category allows grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles and siblings who are over the age of 18 years to join family members who are settled in Britain or are being admitted for the purpose of settlement,” said the statement.
- VFS to provide Thai visa services in Bangalore - Apr 20, 2012
- Britain opens visa application centre in Bangalore - May 21, 2012
- Schengen visa processor VFS expands operations - Apr 18, 2012
- Britain announces 60 new scholarships for Indians - Mar 28, 2012
- US hikes non-immigrant visa fees from June 4 - May 25, 2010
- South Korea opens visa application centre in New Delhi - Apr 02, 2011
- Indian missions in US outsource passport services - Apr 06, 2012
- Britain to open deputy high commission in Chandigarh - May 23, 2012
- Indian students hit as college campus shuts in London - Oct 11, 2011
- Britain to review student visa suspension by month-end - Feb 01, 2010
- Britain's temporary cap on non-EU immigration from Monday - Jul 19, 2010
- Britain expects more tourists from India in 2011 - Mar 25, 2011
- Post offices to provide visa services - Sep 02, 2011
- Britain student visa seekers queue up to beat changed rules - Sep 29, 2009
- More Indians opting for public varsities in US - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: april 1, aunts and uncles, british government, british high commission, family members, grandparents, indian rupees, international students, maximum fee, maximum increase, New Delhi, siblings, student visa, tourist visas, uk economy, vfs uk, visa categories, visa category, visa fees, website www