Bring conjoined sisters from Bihar to Delhi: SC (Lead)July 30th, 2012 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 30 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday asked the Bihar government to make arrangements for bringing teenage conjoined twins Saba and Farah to Delhi by an air ambulance for treatment at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
The court also asked the central government to make arrangements for sending an air ambulance from Delhi to bring back the sisters to explore the possibility of separating them surgically.
On the direction of the apex court, the central government formed a three-member team of doctors to examine the possibility of surgically separating the sisters.
The apex court July 20 asked the panel of doctors to go to Patna to examine Saba and Farah and give their opinion on the possibility of separating them.
The apex court direction came on a petition by Aarushi Dhasmana - a law student of Pune-based Symbiosis Law School - which said that she wanted to help Saba and Farah by exploring the possibility of separating them surgically.
- SC pushes for medical separation of conjoined sisters - Jul 16, 2012
- Panel to examine chances of separating conjoined twins - Jul 20, 2012
- SC pushes for surgical separation of conjoined sisters (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Bring conjoined sisters from Bihar to Delhi: SC - Jul 30, 2012
- Conjoined twins' family undecided on surgery - Jul 31, 2012
- Hope for conjoined Patna twins after apex court ruling - Jul 19, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- CBI backs magistrate's stand against Talwars - May 10, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence questions forensic report - Aug 22, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Delhi surgeons to separate conjoined twins from Bihar - Mar 31, 2010
- Defer forensic expert's cross-examination: Nupur Talwar - Aug 21, 2012
- Need for a re-look in Aarushi case, say Moily, NCW (Second Lead) - Dec 31, 2010
- Aarushi murder: Court adjourns hearing till Feb 29 (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Ex-cop talks of bid to doctor Aarushi's autopsy report - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: air ambulance, all india institute of medical sciences, apex, apex court, bihar government, central government, court direction, doctors, farah, india institute, law school, member team, New Delhi, petition, saba, supreme court, symbiosis, twins