Bribery charges against Orissa minister trigger uproarDecember 19th, 2008 - 6:51 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Dec 19 (IANS) Charges of bribery against an Orissa minister triggered an uproar in the state assembly Friday, forcing Speaker Kishor Mohanty to adjourn the house thrice. Trouble began when Congress member Lalatendu Bidyadhar Mohapatra, citing a media report, said that state Women and Child Development Minister Pramila Mallik had sought half a million rupees from about 33 temporary employees to regularise their job.
The employees, according to him, work under the State Women’s Commission that comes under her ministry.
Although Mallik refuted the allegation, the opposition members rushed to the well of the house and created a pandemonium. They demanded a statement from Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
- Orissa assembly adjourned over pulses scam - Feb 15, 2011
- Orissa abduction: Uproar in assembly - Mar 24, 2012
- Orissa minister resigns over pulses scam (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Court serves notice to Orissa government on pulses scam - Feb 11, 2011
- Orissa budget session off to a stormy start (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Central help sought as Orissa's cholera epidemic worsens - Sep 14, 2010
- Naveen Patnaik suspends Mohapatra, drops two ministers - Jun 01, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik to meet BJD leaders Friday (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik to expand ministry - Aug 02, 2012
- Hostage crisis: Odisha holds talks as MLA abducted (Second Lead) - Mar 24, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik suspends Mohapatra, drops two ministers (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Prosecute Patnaik over pulses scam, BJP tells Orissa governor - Feb 16, 2011
- Orissa pays tribute to Chhattisgarh martyrs - Jul 01, 2010
- Patnaik returns home, gets rousing welcome - May 31, 2012
- Dissident leader upset but rules out split in BJD - May 30, 2012