Bribery allegation absolutely false, says Tejinder SinghApril 10th, 2012 - 3:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) Lt Gen (retd) Tejinder Singh Tuesday Tuesday told a Delhi court, hearing his defamation case against army chief Gen. V.K. Singh, that the allegation that he had offered a bribe to Vectra, the company which makes the Tatra vehicles used by the army, was “absolutely false”.
“The allegation of offering bribe to Tatra and Vectra Private Limited is absolutely false and ill founded and I denied the same,” Tejinder Singh told the court as Metropolitan Magistrate Sudesh Kumar listed the matter for an order on summoning the army chief to April 21.
Tejinder Singh, who retired in 2010 from the post of director general of Defence Intelligence Agency, asked the court to summon and initiate proceedings against the army chief and others for making the libellous statement in media.
Sending shockwaves through the defence establishment, the army chief disclosed in media that he was offered a kickback of Rs.14 crore by a retired defence officer in exchange for clearing a tranche of 600 sub-standard vehicles and he had immediately informed Defence Minister A.K. Antony about it.
- Tejinder Singh denies bribery charge (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Apr 10, 2012
- Court order on plea against V.K. Singh's bail Sep 19 (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Court rejects plea to cancel ex-army chief's bail - Sep 19, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Third lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Tejinder Singh files defamation case against army chief (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Former army chief opposes plea to cancel his bail - Aug 24, 2012
- Court takes cognisance of Tejinder Singh's defamation case (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Court dismisses former army chief's plea - Aug 28, 2012
- Cancellation of ex-army chief's bail sought - Aug 08, 2012
- Court takes cognisance of Tejinder Singh's defamation case - Mar 29, 2012
- Why didn't army chief probe bribe matter: Tejinder Singh (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Mar 27, 2012
- Why didn't army chief probe bribe matter: Tejinder Singh - Mar 27, 2012
- Defamation case: Bail for Gen. V.K. Singh, four officers (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Tatra scam: CBI grills Tejinder for 6 hours (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Court to rule on summoning of army chief May 5 - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: allegation, antony, army chief, bribe, bribery, crore, defamation case, defence establishment, defence intelligence agency, defence minister, delhi court, kickback, lt, magistrate, New Delhi, proceedings, shockwaves, sudesh kumar, tejinder singh, tranche