Brett Lee joins team with Indian tour in viewSeptember 3rd, 2008 - 10:08 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Sep 3 (IANS) Ending his self-imposed exile following his marriage break-up,Australian spearhead Brett Lee joined his teammates in Darwin Wednesday to mentally prepare himself for the gruelling tour to India.
Lee, who withdrew from the limited-overs series against Bangladesh after falling out with his wife Liz Kemp, will meet teammates and possibly train lightly before returning home Sydney Thursday, Sydney Morning Herald reported Wednesday.
Lee, though, will not be available for selection for the final match against Bangladesh at the Marrara Sports Complex.
Lee’s return to the training with the Australian team suggests he will be ready for selection ahead of the Test tour of India.
The 31-year old has never played a Test in India, and will be desperate to perform in a country that regards him with a level of affection usually reserved for their own.
Lee has spent the past week dealing with the fall out from the split and issues involving his son Preston.
- IPL first step in reclaiming my position in Oz team: Brett Lee - Mar 03, 2010
- Marsh replaces Brett in Australian ODI squad for South Africa - Oct 13, 2011
- Brett Lee's manager denies marriage patch up with Liz - Dec 07, 2009
- Brett Lee advised to return to cricket as soon as possible - Aug 23, 2008
- Identity of Brett Lee's estranged wife's beau revealed - Dec 16, 2009
- Brett and Liz Lee split due to her struggle to be a mum, dutiful WAG - Aug 21, 2008
- Lee likely to play in India - Aug 22, 2008
- Injury-prone Lee "happy" with Test retirement call - Jul 18, 2010
- Brett Lee undergoes surgery in Cape Town, returning home - Oct 11, 2011
- Past, present teammates of Brett Lee shocked over split - Aug 22, 2008
- Lee lynchpin of Oz World Cup attack: Chappell, Waugh - Feb 07, 2011
- India-lover Lee wants 2011 World Cup in Indian subcontinent to be his swan song - Jul 10, 2010
- 'On fire' Lee dismisses Ashes comeback calls - Dec 05, 2010
- Lee trying to shrug off personal mess to get back to his fiery best - Oct 23, 2008
- Ponting axed from Australia's ODI squad, Watson returns - Feb 20, 2012