Bremen sign Dutch midfielder Eljero Elia till 2016July 11th, 2012 - 2:41 pm ICT by IANS
Berlin, July 11 (IANS) Dutch international midfielder Eljero Elia has been transferred from Juventus to Werder Bremen, the club said.
After long back and forth, Bundesliga side Bremen confirmed the signing of Eljero Elia on a four-year contract for a fee of $6.7 million. Elia suffered an unlucky season at Juventus Turin, reports Xinhua.
“We are glad that Elia joined Werder Bremen. He already turned up at the team training,” Bremen sports director Klaus Allofs said Tuesday.
Elia passed the medical check and joined the squad at the training camp in Norderney.
The 25-year-old Dutchman knows the Bundesliga very well as he played for Hamburg from 2009 to 2011 and scored nine goals in 47 matches. Since 2009 he has been part of the “Elftal”, the Dutch national team, where he netted two goals in 29 international caps.
“The two years at Hamburg got off my mind. I will give everything for Werder Bremen. So far I feel very comfortable,” said Elia, who will wear jersey No. 11 at the “Green- Whites”.
“In the past season he did not play that much but I’m sure we can quickly integrate him into our team,” Bremen coach Thomas Schaaf said.
- Nigerian striker Akpala joins Werder Bremen - Aug 24, 2012
- German side Bremen signs Kevin de Bruyne on loan - Aug 07, 2012
- Czech defender Selassie joins Werder - Jun 22, 2012
- Dortmund share point with Nuremberg - Sep 02, 2012
- German Bundesliga kicks off August 27 - Jun 27, 2012
- Reigning champion Dortmund defeat Bremen in season opener - Aug 25, 2012
- Peruvian striker Pizzaro leaves Werder Bremen - May 16, 2012
- Bremen expect World Cup stars Oezil, Mertesacker to stay - Jul 11, 2010
- Boerrigter new face in Dutch squad, Babel makes comeback - Nov 04, 2011
- Bremen, Hamburg held, Hertha slip to another defeat - Nov 09, 2009
- Buffon saves Totti's penalty to extend Juventus' unbeaten streak - Dec 13, 2011
- Cologne, Bremen celebrate goal festival at Bundesliga - Dec 11, 2011
- Coaching oldies set the pace in the Bundesliga - Dec 20, 2009
- Bundesliga club Hamburg appoints Thorsten Fink as head coach - Oct 14, 2011
- Cologne relegated, Dortmund break Bundesliga record - May 06, 2012
Tags: berlin, bundesliga, coach thomas, dutch international, dutch national team, elia, hamburg, international caps, juventus turin, klaus allofs, medical check, midfielder, old dutchman, sports director, thomas schaaf, training camp, werder bremen, xinhua