Brazilian baby hospitalised for drug overdoseFebruary 17th, 2009 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, Feb 17 (IANS) A baby boy in Brazil’s Mato Grosso state has been admitted to a hospital following an overdose of cocaine, which he ingested by accident, EFE reported Tuesday.
The 15-month-old baby was reported to be in a stable condition, but he may be shifted to the intensive care unit of the hospital if his situation deteriorates, the report quoted health officials as saying.
The boy Saturday ate two grams of coca paste he found on the bed of his 17-year-old mother, who is a habitual user of the drug, an official said.
The official said the mother fled her home after the incident came to light.
Presently, the baby is under the care of his relatives.
The baby’s mother was arrested on at least 10 occasions for drug use earlier.
- Mexican mother blinds her son in satanic ritual - May 25, 2012
- Baby dies after sitters injects him with drugs - Jul 07, 2012
- Abducted Argentine girl found in Brazil - May 07, 2012
- Baby with two heads born in Brazil - Dec 22, 2011
- Brazilian mayor gunned down at party - Aug 07, 2011
- 17 cocaine labs destroyed in Colombia - Jan 26, 2012
- Bolivia to withdraw from UN drug convention - Jun 24, 2011
- It's official: Guatemala now a drug-producing country - Aug 16, 2012
- Parents held as toddler consumes cocaine - Sep 30, 2011
- Six die in shootout at Brazil nightclub - Aug 28, 2012
- Hospital fire kills patient in Brazil - Jul 05, 2012
- Noted Brazilian architect hospitalized - May 04, 2012
- Texas executes man who beat baby boy to death - Mar 29, 2012
- D.C. fourth-grader 'brings cocaine to school, shares with classmates' - Mar 19, 2011
- Brazilian masterminds art thefts from behind bars - Jul 17, 2012