Brazil oil giant’s reserves’ riseJanuary 13th, 2012 - 11:21 am ICT by IANS
Sao Paulo, Jan 13 (IANS/EFE) Brazilian state-controlled oil giant Petrobras said its oil and gas reserves rose to 16.41 billion barrels in 2011, up 2.7 percent from the prior year.
The reserve figures conform to National Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels Association and Society of Petroleum Engineers, or SPE, standards, Petrobras said in a statement.
Some 96 percent of Petrobras’s reserves are in Brazil and the remainder are abroad.
Petrobras, based on SPE standards, had a reserve replacement rate of 148 percent in 2011, when it produced 889 million barrels of petroleum.
The company’s reserve to production ratio was 18.5 years as of Dec 31.
Reserves increased in the past year due to the “incorporation of new areas discovered in the pre-salt layer in the Santos and Campos basins, new discoveries in Brazilian waters and in the Gulf of Mexico, and to production at ‘mature’ fields in Brazil and abroad”, Petrobras said.
- Brazilian firm makes offshore crude find - Mar 21, 2012
- Brazil to auction new oil blocks in 2013 - Sep 20, 2012
- Brazilian oil giant announces contracts worth $4.5 bn - Jul 21, 2012
- Brazilian firm approves $225 bn investment plan through 2015 - Jul 24, 2011
- Chinese oil firm eyes investments in Brazil - Oct 13, 2011
- Brazilian firm announces new deepwater oil find - Apr 30, 2011
- Brazil's Petrobras announces deep-water oil find - Jan 27, 2011
- Brazil says offshore find holds high-grade oil - Aug 15, 2012
- Brazilian oil giant makes new deep-water find - Jul 13, 2012
- Brazilian firm makes deepwater oil find - Aug 27, 2012
- Chevron faces $25 mn fine for Brazil oil spill - Jul 20, 2012
- Brazilian firm finds offshore oil, gas fields - Jul 06, 2011
- Petrobras finds oil signs during deepwater exploration - Oct 28, 2010
- Chinese-Spanish venture makes oil find in Brazil - Feb 28, 2012
- Brazil's oil production hits record high - Feb 03, 2012
Tags: biofuels, brazil, brazilian state, brazilian waters, efe, gas reserves, gulf of mexico, incorporation, mature fields, national petroleum, natural gas, new discoveries, oil and gas, oil giant, petrobras, remainder, salt layer, sao paulo, society of petroleum engineers