Brazil announces new oil fieldJune 14th, 2008 - 1:24 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, June 14 (IANS) Brazil’s state-owned energy giant Petrobras has said it has made a new off-shore discovery of light crude in the Santos Basin in the southeast, EFE reported. The find, the latest in a series of deep-water discoveries of light oil by Petrobras, is in the smaller of two fields in the block known as Guara, where in September light crude was found in an exploratory well.
The Guara field is located 310 km off the coast of the southeastern state of Sao Paulo.
Brazil, the world’s eighth largest oil exporter, has embarked on a vigorous campaign to boost its energy resources to one million barrels per day.
It became a net oil exporter last year but it also one of the largest oil consuming nations with a demand for 159,000 barrels per day. The huge demand has led the government to turn to ethanol as an alternative fuel.
- Brazil says offshore find holds high-grade oil - Aug 15, 2012
- Brazilian oil giant announces contracts worth $4.5 bn - Jul 21, 2012
- Brazilian firm makes offshore crude find - Mar 21, 2012
- Brazilian firm finds offshore oil, gas fields - Jul 06, 2011
- Brazil's Petrobras announces deep-water oil find - Jan 27, 2011
- Brazilian firm announces new deepwater oil find - Apr 30, 2011
- Petrobras finds oil signs during deepwater exploration - Oct 28, 2010
- Brazil oil giant's reserves' rise - Jan 13, 2012
- Brazil oil firm sets oil output record in April - May 09, 2010
- Brazilian firm to invest $400 mn in Colombia - Mar 18, 2010
- Brazilian oil giant makes new deep-water find - Jul 13, 2012
- Brazilian firm announces oil find in Colombia - Mar 12, 2010
- Chinese-Spanish venture makes oil find in Brazil - Feb 28, 2012
- Brazilian firm announces two new oil finds off Angola - Feb 19, 2010
- Brazilian oil giant announces new offshore find - Nov 18, 2009
Tags: alternative fuel, deep water, discoveries, efe, energy giant, energy resources, ethanol, guara, light oil, new oil, off shore, oil exporter, oil field, one million, petrobras, rio de janeiro, santos basin, sao paulo brazil, southeastern state, vigorous campaign