BPO rape: Three accused refuse identification paradeDecember 7th, 2010 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 7 (IANS) Three of five men arrested on charges of seizing and raping a BPO employee from Mizoram here refused Tuesday to undergo an identification parade, police sources said.
The three were identified as gang leader Kamru, Shahid and Iqbal. The other two - Shamshad and Usman - underwent an identification parade a week earlier and were identified by the 30-year-old victim.
Kamru, caught Monday night from Sohna in Haryana, told a court that he would not undergo the identification exercise.
A court Monday sent Shahid and Iqbal to two days judicial custody for their identification by the victim. Shamshad and Usman were remanded to five days of police custody.
Shamshad and Usman were arrested last week from Mewat in Haryana. Shahid surrendered in Faridabad in connection with another case and was found to be involved in the gangrape.
On Nov 23 night, the BPO staffer, a native of Mizoram, was abducted by the five men and raped in a moving vehicle.
She was seized soon after getting off the office vehicle with another woman colleague in south Delhi’s Dhaula Kuan area.
The men drove off and finally dropped her at Mongolpuri in north Delhi after raping her. The other woman escaped. The crime triggered widespread protests in the capital.
- Fifth accused in BPO rape case arrested - Dec 07, 2010
- Dhaula Kuan rape: Fourth accused nabbed - Dec 05, 2010
- Breakthrough in BPO rape case, two arrested (Second Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Delhi BPO rape case: Fifth accused arrested - Dec 07, 2010
- Northeast MPs to meet Dikshit over gangrape - Dec 07, 2010
- Two held, one surrenders in Delhi's BPO rape case (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Delhi BPO rape case: Fourth accused arrested - Dec 05, 2010
- Two nabbed in BPO employee rape case: Delhi Police - Dec 02, 2010
- Delhi BPO gangrape case: Two men arrested - Dec 02, 2010
- Police obtain more clues in BPO employee's gangrape - Nov 30, 2010
- Northeast delegation meets Dikshit over women's safety - Dec 03, 2010
- Two arrested in New Delhi's BPO rape case - Dec 02, 2010
- BPO rapped, cab driver held for not dropping woman home - Jan 11, 2011
- Northeast students complain to PM, hold rally (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Delhi safe, but avoid late nights: Police chief (Lead) - Jul 09, 2011
Tags: abducted, dhaula kuan, faridabad, five men, gang leader, gangrape, judicial custody, mewat, mizoram, monday night, New Delhi, north delhi, police custody, police sources, shahid, shamshad, sohna, south delhi, staffer, usman