Boycott cripples Rajasthan legal servicesJanuary 12th, 2012 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Jan 12 (IANS) Legal services in Rajasthan were crippled as lawyers boycotted work Thursday to protest the alleged suicide by a 30-year-old advocate following alleged police atrocities.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) took charge of the probe into the suicide Thursday. A team visited the well where Muralidhar Yadav’s body was found Wednesday morning.
The Rajasthan High Court ordered a CBI probe into the incident Wednesday. Two policemen of Muralipura police station here were suspended.
Lawyers in Jaipur Wednesday went on a rampage, clashing with police, setting vehicles on fire and blocking roads.
“We boycotted work throughout the state,” an office-bearer of the Jaipur District Advocate Bar Association told IANS.
According to police, the lawyer belonged to Chomu town near here.
Yadav had a dispute with his tenant. Police had allegedly summoned him to the police station where he was allegedly beaten up repeatedly over the past few days, the lawyers alleged.
According to police, Yadav committed suicide.
- Lawyers clash with police in Jaipur - Jan 11, 2012
- CBI quizzes two Rajasthan legislators on Bharatpur riots - Aug 04, 2012
- 10 Maruti union leaders arrested - Aug 01, 2012
- Jaipur shootout: Four cops sent to five days' CBI custody - Mar 12, 2011
- Rajasthan cop surrenders in staged shootout case - Nov 09, 2011
- Ranbir Kapoor pleads guilty in smoking case - Jul 26, 2012
- Police firing did not kill anyone in Bharatpur: Official - Sep 19, 2011
- Jailed BJP legislator alleges ill-treatment - Apr 25, 2012
- Lawyers offer help, girl's family again wants CBI probe - Jun 16, 2011
- Custody of five Rajasthan Police officers extended - May 26, 2011
- Bhanwari case: CBI gets notice for quizzing suspect's mother - Feb 06, 2012
- Rajasthan court summons Shah Rukh for smoking in public - Apr 26, 2012
- Rajasthan lawmaker discharged in staged shootout case - May 31, 2012
- Court issues notice to Rajasthan BJP legislator - Jul 05, 2012
- Rajasthan student commits suicide after harassment - Apr 20, 2012
Tags: advocate, alleged suicide, atrocities, boycott, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, committed suicide, cripples, few days, lawyer, lawyers, office bearer, police station, policemen, rajasthan high court, rampage, wednesday morning, yadav