Boy shot dead by drunk Delhi police copMarch 12th, 2012 - 6:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 12 (IANS) A 12-year-old boy was shot dead by a drunk Delhi police constable, who opened fire during a marriage ceremony in the capital, police said Monday.
The incident took place around 11.15 p.m. Sunday at Dhaka village in north Delhi’s Mukherjee Nagar area.
Tarun Chauhan, a class 7th student studying in a government school, received a bullet in his chest when the accused opened celebratory fire at the marriage ceremony.
“He was rushed to Sushruta Trauma Centre in the Civil Lines area where doctors declared him brought dead,” said a senior police officer.
The accused, identified as Jai Baba, 35, is deputed as a constable in the Delhi Police crime branch. He has been arrested and a case registered against him.
Manmeet, a cousin of the bride, had invited Baba and Sanjay, a constable deputed in west Delhi’s Subhash Place police station, to the ceremony.
The accused had consumed alcohol during the ceremony along with Sanjay and three-four other friends.
“After consuming alcohol, they reached the dancing stage where Baba took out his service revolver and fired two shots in the air. He then fired a straight shot. The bullet pierced the victim’s chest who was also dancing on the stage,” said the official.
The enraged kin of the victim beat up the accused and later handed him over to police, said the official.
- Boy shot dead by drunk Delhi cop (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Two children injured in celebratory firing - May 07, 2011
- Delhi Police constable commits suicide in Gurgaon - Jul 15, 2012
- Delhi Police ASI shoots colleague over throwing of garbage (Second lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Delhi Police ASI shoots head constable (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- 9-year-old killed at Delhi wedding - Dec 16, 2011
- Delhi Police constable shot dead - Apr 21, 2012
- Police officer shot dead in Islamabad - Oct 15, 2011
- Man killed in celebratory firing in UP - Jun 30, 2012
- 10-year-old killed in celebratory firing (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Two arrested for murder - Feb 03, 2011
- 12-year-old killed in firing at wedding - Jun 30, 2010
- Delhi-based transporter shot dead - Apr 25, 2012
- 10-year-old shot dead in celebratory firing in UP - Jul 17, 2012
- Man shot dead in Delhi - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: capital police, crime branch, dancing stage, delhi police, government school, jai, marriage ceremony, north delhi, police constable, police crime, police station, s mukherjee, sanjay, service revolver, straight shot, subhash, tarun, trauma centre, two shots, west delhi