Boy selling balloons saw two men place bomb: policeSeptember 13th, 2008 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) A boy who sells balloons at the Barkhamba Road crossing in central Delhi may have seen two men placing a bomb there, police said soon after serial blasts hit the capital, killing at least nine and injuring over 80.
Two people were killed in the blast at Barakhamba Road in Connaught Place.
“They got into an auto rickshaw about five minutes after placing whatever they placed on top of the dustbin and went away,” the boy told police.
Police said they were still examining the nature of explosives placed at the spot.
- Charges framed against 13 in Delhi blasts of 2008 - May 06, 2011
- 2008 Delhi blasts: memories linger, lessons yet to be learnt - Sep 13, 2012
- Delhi Police file charges for Sep 13 serial blasts - Jan 14, 2009
- One hurt in low-intensity blasts in Pune (Third Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- High court blast is 19th attack in Delhi in 15 years - Sep 07, 2011
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: Court to frame charges Feb 21 (Second lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- 'People lay in a pool of blood' - Sep 13, 2008
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- At least 20 dead, 90 injured in serial blasts in Delhi (Update) - Sep 13, 2008
- One killed in Bihar blast - Jun 23, 2010
- Power failure, rains hit Delhi traffic, commuters (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Blast in Nigeria kills bomber - Apr 02, 2012
- Truck mows down two women in Delhi - Apr 27, 2012
- Delhi government to give Rs.5,000 each to bravery award winners - Jan 22, 2009
- Six killed as train hits auto-rickshaw - Aug 24, 2012