Boy killed, 3 wounded in grenade attack on NC candidate in KashmirNovember 25th, 2008 - 5:32 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Nov 25 (IANS) A boy was killed and three other people were injured as separatist guerrillas attacked a candidate of the National Conference Tuesday afternoon in Sopore town of Baramulla district in North Kashmir.Police said the militants lobbed a grenade on Muhammad Ashraf Ganai, the NC candidate from Sopore as he reached Brath village on the outskirts of the town to visit a relative.
The grenade exploded killing Ishfaq, 8, while three other people were injured. The NC candidate, who was inside the house when the attack took place, escaped unhurt.
Some people of the area later alleged that the boy was killed in the firing by the candidate’s guards following the attack.
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
- Militants attack district police chief's convoy in Kashmir - Jan 07, 2012
- Kashmir police convoy attacked, five injured (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Three hurt in Kashmir grenade attack - May 19, 2012
- Grenade blasts rock Sopore town in Kashmir - Feb 02, 2011
- One killed in attack on Kashmir legislator - Aug 19, 2010
- Two girls injured in militant attack in Kashmir - Feb 16, 2011
- Four injured in Kashmir attack (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Militants fire grenades at Kashmir security camp - Feb 17, 2011
- Nine policemen wounded in Kashmir explosion - Jul 06, 2011
- Militants kill another civilian in Kashmir town - Jul 28, 2011
- Violence continues in curfew-bound Kashmir, toll four (Lead) - Jul 31, 2010
- Two injured in separate attacks in Sopore - Feb 10, 2011
- Kashmir rights panel chief to probe Sopore firing - Jun 26, 2010