Boy jailed 17 years for killing teenage momDecember 22nd, 2011 - 7:42 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 22 (IANS) An 18-year-old boy in Britain who stabbed a teenage mother and left her to die in a canal was sentenced to 17 years in prison.
Ashtiaq Asghar, who murdered Laura Wilson, 17, in Rotherham, South Yorkshire, treated white girls as “sexual targets”, Lord Justice Davis told Sheffield Crown Court.
Wilson was killed in October last year just days after she revealed affairs with Asghar and his friend Ishaq Hussain to their families, the Daily Express reported Thursday.
On Wednesday, the court heard Asghar “sadistically” stabbed her a number of times in the head but she was still alive when she went into the canal.
Some of her injuries may have been caused by Asghar using the knife to stop her getting out.
Two trial juries have heard how Asghar had a relationship with Wilson, who had a four-month-old daughter by Hussain.
Asghar, also of Holmes, had admitted to the murder. He was 17 at the time of the killing and the judge said he would have received a much longer minimum sentence had he been just four months older.
- Briton stabs wife 100 times after reading killing manual - Jul 27, 2011
- Babysitter killer jailed for life - Jul 25, 2012
- Handicapped man gets life term for killing sister's friend - Feb 17, 2012
- Family jailed for life for killing three daughters - Jan 30, 2012
- Court awards 10-year jail to man for killing wife - Aug 08, 2012
- Briton stabs, strangles niece in pornographic obsession - Oct 05, 2010
- 5 Asian 'sexual predators' jailed for 32 yrs for abusing girls as young as 12 - Nov 06, 2010
- Murdered Brit-Indian girl's ex-boyfriend jailed for life - Oct 23, 2010
- Pakistanis jailed for sexual crimes in Britain - Nov 06, 2010
- Andhra youth gets lifer for killing girl's parents - Jan 31, 2011
- Yorkshire Ripper, the serial killer, will never be released (Lead) - Jul 16, 2010
- Yorkshire Ripper never to be released, rules London court - Jul 16, 2010
- I have stabbed my baby: British woman tells cops - Jul 29, 2011
- I did not kill Kercher: Knox tells court - Oct 03, 2011
- "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" Actor Shelley Malil Gets Life Sentence For Stabbing Ex-Girlfriend - Dec 18, 2010
Tags: 17 years, asghar, crown court, daily express, four months, hussain, laura wilson, london, lord justice, minimum sentence, relationship, rotherham south yorkshire, sheffield, targets, teenage mom, teenage mother, trial juries, white girls, yorkshire