Boy given electric shocks, dies in West BengalFebruary 18th, 2009 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 18 (IANS) A 10-year-old boy was allegedly killed by giving electric shocks in West Bengal, the boy’s father said Wednesday.
The incident took place at Tungidighi area in Raigunj sub-division of North Dinajpur district, about 200 km from here.
“My son Kundan went to collect left-over grains at a rice mill in Tungidighi with his younger brother Tuesday evening. At that time, mill-owner Udo Mahato’s son Ranjit along with his four friends caught hold of the duo,” father Raghuni Mahato said Wdnesday.
“While the younger son managed to flee from the place, Ranjit and his men dragged Kundan inside the mill. We recovered his electrocuted body from the bushes near the mill. I am sure the criminals murdered my son by giving him electric shocks,” he said.
The district police superintendent, Shankar Singha said he heard about the incident.
“We have heard about the incident and are investigating the case. Proper action will be taken against the culprits,” Singha said.