Boy declared dead wakes up in mortuary, doctor suspendedNovember 7th, 2011 - 4:21 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 7 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh government Monday suspended a doctor in a case of medical negligence in which a teenager declared dead by him regained consciousness in a mortuary in Muzaffarnagar district.
Radhey, 17, woke up in the mortuary at the Muzaffarnagar district hospital Sunday, nearly 10 hours after the doctor, Pradeep Mittal, declared him dead, an official said.
The victim was brought to hospital from a forested area where he was found in an unconscious state Saturday, police said.
Mittal declared Radhey dead Sunday morning and directed the ward boys to shift “the body” to the mortuary.
“When police officials along with the hospital staff were about to begin the formalities of the post-mortem, the youth regained consciousness,” Chief Medical Officer Anand Swaroop told reporters in Muzaffarnagar, some 300 km from Lucknow.
“When the state health authorities came to know about the incident, an inquiry was ordered. On the recommendations of a panel constituted to probe the incident, Pradeep Mittal was Monday placed under suspension,” he added.
Radhey, who hails from Agra, worked as a labourer in a village in Muzaffarnagar, police said.
“We have been told that the youth has been suffering from seizures,” police inspector Pawan Chaudhary told reporters.
- Pregnant woman found dead, parents allege murder - Apr 09, 2011
- Unclaimed corpses dumped in septic tank! - May 17, 2011
- Australian tourist found dead in Jaipur hotel - Dec 15, 2011
- 14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 20, 2012
- Man held for honour killing in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 01, 2011
- Two people found dead - Dec 03, 2011
- Five murders in Delhi - Jul 08, 2011
- Mahi is dead; end came on first or second day, doctors say (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Maharashtra NCP chief's son dies in freak accident - Oct 31, 2011
- Rohtak medical student falls from hostel roof, dies - Jul 06, 2012
- Blast victims' kin protest at hospital - Sep 08, 2011
- Youth dies during run meant for railway recruitment - Apr 21, 2011
- Naked woman's body found in Delhi hospital premises - Apr 26, 2012
- Three police officials suspended for dereliction of duty - Jan 26, 2012
- Woman kills her baby, eats his flesh - Dec 29, 2010
Tags: consciousness, forested area, formalities, hospital staff, labourer, medical negligence, medical officer, pawan, police inspector, police officials, post mortem, seizures, state health authorities, sunday morning, teenager, unconscious state, uttar pradesh government