Boy commits suicide after mother’s scoldingFebruary 28th, 2011 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 28 (IANS) Upset over being scolded for not concentrating on studies, a class 8 student committed suicide by hanging himself at his home in east Delhi Monday, police said.”Gulshan Thakur, 13, was found hanging from a ceiling fan at his home at New Ashok Nagar area Monday afternoon,” said a police officer.
Gulshan was rushed to Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital where doctors pronounced him dead.
His mother Meera Thakur told police that she scolded him slightly in the morning for not concentrating on studies. “In the afternoon, he was found hanging,” said the officer.
No suicide note was found. Gulshan’s father Jitendra Thakur said: “I could not believe that he can take such a step over such an issue.”
Gulshan was studying in a government school in the same area and was his parents’ youngest son. “We are investigating the matter and have sent the body for post-mortem,” said the officer.
- MCA student hangs himself after father's scolding - Sep 16, 2011
- Youth commits suicide over family dispute - Jan 21, 2011
- Boy dies imitating TV suicide scene (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Man hangs himself to death in Gurgaon - Jun 16, 2012
- Two cases of suicide in Gurgaon - May 02, 2012
- Boy dies imitating TV suicide scene - Feb 09, 2012
- Body of BBA student found in pieces in Delhi - Sep 03, 2012
- Student kills himself after mother's scolding - Mar 10, 2012
- Two men commit suicide in Delhi - Mar 24, 2011
- Maharashtra NCP chief's son dies in freak accident - Oct 31, 2011
- Class 5 student hangs himself to death in Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- Facing opposition to marriage, couple commits suicide - Dec 18, 2011
- Satyawati College student hangs self in classroom - Feb 04, 2011
- Tech student hangs himself in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 23, 2011
- Woman commits suicide in Delhi - May 03, 2011
Tags: ashok nagar, ceiling fan, class 8, committed suicide, doctors, east delhi, government school, jitendra, lal bahadur shastri, monday afternoon, mother meera, New Delhi, parents, police officer, post mortem, suicide note, youngest son