Boy accused of murder in Asaram Bapu school sent to remand homeAugust 5th, 2008 - 1:31 am ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Aug 4 (IANS) A 14-year-old boy accused of murdering two school children at a hostel run by spiritual leader Asaram Bapu in Madhya Pradesh’s Chhindwara town was Monday remanded in judicial custody for 14 days to a juvenile home. Chief Judicial Magistrate R.S. Mandve sent the boy to the Narsingpur home for delinquents till Aug 13.
According to police, the student had been teased in school and was feeling homesick.
Police said the boy wanted to go back home because he was fat and other children used to tease him.
He had heard about an incident in which two children of a school run by Asaram Bapu’s ashram in Ahmedabad were found dead last month and later the school was closed, the official said.
“He was also too attached to his parents, especially his mother, and could not bear separation from his home. This was another reason of his desperation to go back home.
“This inspired him to kill the children in his school so that it would also be closed and he will be able to go home,” Krishna said.
Krishna said bite marks were found on the body of Vedanta, who was found dead Thursday, and this helped the police to reach the culprit.
“The accused boy’s teeth impressions were taken along with those of some other children and his impressions matched the one found on the body of the deceased child. Later, on being interrogated, he broke down and confessed to having killed both children,” the official said.
The police reached the conclusion on the basis of reports of a medico-legal institute.
Vedant, 5, was found unconscious in the bathroom of the gurukul run by Asaram Bapu Thursday. On Tuesday evening, Ramkrishna Mohan Yadav, 5, was found dead in similar conditions in the school.
In Ahmedabad, two students - Deepesh Vaghela, 10, and his cousin Abhishek Vaghela, 11 - went missing July 4 from the gurukul. Their bodies were found from the nearby Sabarmati riverbed July 6.
- Child rights panel seeks report on Asaram hostel killings - Aug 05, 2008
- Homesick student killed Asaram ashram children: police (Lead) - Aug 04, 2008
- Asaram Bapu hostel officials booked for negligence - Aug 01, 2008
- Police suspect deaths in Asaram's school an insider job - Aug 03, 2008
- Another student found dead in Asaram Bapu's school - Aug 01, 2008
- Chhindwara shuts down over two children's death in Asaram school - Aug 02, 2008
- Chhindwara shuts down protesting schoolchildren's deaths (Lead) - Aug 03, 2008
- Dead Ahmedabad boy's father ends fast - Jul 22, 2008
- Asaram ashram encroachment demolished in Gujarat - Nov 27, 2010
- Asaram Bapu survives chopper crash, probe ordered - Aug 29, 2012
- Modi and Vaghela on fast track politics in Gujarat - Sep 16, 2011
- Gujarat government gets court notice on Asaram school deaths - May 02, 2009
- Trivedi to head commission probing Asaram ashram deaths - Jul 23, 2008
- Asaram Bapu asked to appear before panel on ashram deaths - May 09, 2011
- Gujarat shutdown call evokes mixed response - Jul 21, 2008