Boy abducted in broad daylightApril 21st, 2011 - 11:57 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 21 (IANS) A class 1 student was Thursday abducted in full public view by masked men in Chhattisgarh’s industrial town of Raigarh, police said.
Raigarh police chief Rahul Sharma said kidnappers, probably two or three in number, arrived in a car at a road where Himanshu Sahu was waiting for his school bus.
“The masked men forced the boy in the car and drove away, Himanshu’s classmate who witnessed the abduction informed the family and then police was informed,” Sharma told reporters in Raigarh, some 240 km from Raipur.
Police barricaded several key roads in the town and sealed off Raigarh district in a bid to track down the kidnappers of Himanshu, whose father is employed with a local industrial house as an engineer.
Police sources say that kidnappers have contacted Himanshu’s father B.R. Sahu and sought at least Rs. three million for the safe release of his son.
- Four held for abducting Class 1 boy - Apr 29, 2011
- Chhattisgarh RTI activist shot at, in stable condition - Jul 07, 2012
- Chhattisgarh environmentalist chained to hospital bed - Jun 02, 2011
- Explosives found in abandoned car in Chhattisgarh - Jul 14, 2011
- Industrialist's kidnapped son untraced in Chhattisgarh - Dec 26, 2011
- No rape by cops, girls tell Chhattisgarh court (Lead) - Nov 14, 2010
- No breakthrough in Rs.7.6 million bank loot case - Oct 07, 2010
- Four cops accused of rape inside police station complex (Lead) - Nov 12, 2010
- Balco's bauxite mining displaces Chhattisgarh tribals - Dec 22, 2011
- Two held with leopard skin - Jan 09, 2010
- Girls drop rape charges against Chhattisgarh cops - Nov 13, 2010
- Rs.7.6 mn looted from ICICI bank - Oct 04, 2010
- Policeman kidnapped in Russia - Aug 24, 2012
- Shutdown in Chhattisgarh against Ramdev's eviction - Jun 08, 2011
- IT raids Visa Steel in Chhattisgarh - Nov 12, 2010