Bopanna-Raja in quarters of Tashkent ChallengerOctober 14th, 2008 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
Tashkent, Oct 14 (IANS) India’s Rohan Bopanna and Purav Raja swept aside Kazakhstan’s Alexey Kedriouk and Yuri Schukin 6-1, 2-6, 10-8, to enter the doubles quarterfinals of the $1,25,000 Tashkent Challenger at the Olympic Tennis School here Tuesday.Combining for the first time, Raja and Bopanna took the first set in a jiffy but lost their way in the second as the Kazakhs came out strong to draw parity.
In the super tie-break, Bopanna served well while Raja played some excellent volleys to clinch a quarter-final berth.
The Indian pair will now take on top-seeds Lukasz Kubot of Poland and Oliver Marach of Austria who defeated German pair of Denis Gremelmayr and Bjorn Phau 6-3, 6-4.
- Bopanna-Raja out of Tashkent challenger - Oct 17, 2008
- Bopanna, Hsun reach Tashkent quarterfinal - Oct 13, 2009
- Stockholm Open: Bopanna-Qureshi in quarters - Oct 19, 2011
- Bhupathi-Bopanna in Cincinnati tennis quarters - Aug 17, 2012
- Paes-Stepanek beat Marrero-Verdasco, meet Bryan brothers in semis - Mar 29, 2012
- Bhupathi-Mirnyi advance, Bopanna-Qureshi lose in Valencia - Nov 06, 2010
- Bhupathi-Bopanna knock out top seeds to make semis - May 19, 2012
- Paes-Dlouhy crash out of Rome Masters - May 01, 2010
- Bhupathi-Bopanna lose in Rome Masters' semis - May 20, 2012
- Gilles Simon goes down to Xavier Malisse at Wimbledon (Roundup) - Jun 29, 2012
- Rome Masters: Paes-Dlouhy advance, Bhupathi-Mirnyi crash out - Apr 30, 2010
- Bhupathi-Bopanna reach semis at Miami - Mar 28, 2012
- Bopanna, Qureshi enter Paris semi-finals - Nov 12, 2011
- Bhupathi-Mirnyi in Cincinnati finals - Aug 22, 2010
- Wawrinka survives Goffin scare - Jan 07, 2011