Bopanna-Bhupathi in quarters of Madrid OpenMay 10th, 2012 - 4:05 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, May 10 (IANS) India’s Rohan Bopanna and Mahesh Bhupathi reached the men’s doubles quarterfinals at the Madrid Open tennis tournament defeating Santiago Gonzalez and Christopher Kas.
The seventh seeds defeated the Mexican-German combine 6-1, 7-6 (2) in the pre-quarterfinals here Wednesday.
The Indians next face either the American Bryan Brothers or the Pakistan-Dutch duo of Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi and Jean-Julien Rojer, who were scheduled to meet later in the day.
Another Indian Leander Paes will take the court with Czech partner Radek Stepanek Thursday when they play France’s Richard Gasquet and Gael Monfils in another round of 16 match.
- Bhupathi-Bopanna knocked out of Australian Open (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Bhupathi-Paes knocked out of Paris Masters - Nov 09, 2011
- Paes-Bhupathi and Bopanna-Qureshi in quarterfinals - Aug 19, 2011
- US Open: Paes-Stepanek face Bryan brothers in final - Sep 07, 2012
- Paes-Bhupathi advance to semis, Bopanna-Qureshi out - Aug 20, 2011
- Tough draw for Indians in men's doubles tennis - Jul 26, 2012
- Indian Wells: Paes-Stepanek reach quarters, to meet Lopez-Nadal - Mar 14, 2012
- Bhupathi, Bopana crash in Australian Open - Jan 22, 2012
- Good day for Indians in Australian Open - Jan 20, 2012
- French Open: Paes-Dlouhy seeded third, Bhupathi-Mirnyi fifth - May 24, 2010
- Bopanna-Qureshi enter quarters of Paris Masters - Nov 10, 2011
- Paes-Stepanek beat Marrero-Verdasco, meet Bryan brothers in semis - Mar 29, 2012
- Point to prove for Indian stars at Wimbledon - Jun 24, 2012
- Bhupathi-Bopanna reach semis at Miami - Mar 28, 2012
- US Open: Paes-Stepanek set-up final clash with Bryan brothers (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: aisam ul haq qureshi, dutch duo, indians, jean julien, kas, leander paes, madrid, mahesh bhupathi, match, monfils, open tennis tournament, pakistan, quarters, radek stepanek, richard gasquet, rohan bopanna, rojer, santiago gonzalez, seeds, ul haq