Bootlegger arrested in Uttar PradeshAugust 15th, 2008 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 15 (IANS) A member of an inter-state gang dealing in smuggling of branded liquor was arrested in Uttar Pradesh, the police said Friday. “Naveen Jain was arrested with over 60 bottles of liquor from his hideout in Rajajipuram locality in Lucknow,” police officer Sanjay Pandey told IANS.
“We have learnt that Jain’s aides in Chandigarh and Haryana used to help him procure the liquor illegally,” he added.
Jain, who is being interrogated, was in the business for the last five years, police alleged.
- Haryana police recover 1,062 liquor cases - Apr 22, 2011
- Arms smuggler held with 18 pistols - Sep 12, 2011
- 8,500 bottles of smuggled liquor seized, two held - Sep 10, 2010
- Gang selling pirating movie, music CDs busted - Jun 26, 2012
- Woman, paramour arrested for gun-running in Delhi - Jun 13, 2011
- Smuggled liquor seized in Ghaziabad - Feb 09, 2012
- Man arrested with Buddha idol worth Rs.3 crore - Jul 16, 2010
- Hi-tech gang of ATM robbers busted - Mar 29, 2012
- Chandigarh police busts gang of high-end car lifters - Oct 07, 2011
- Prime accused in Mayawati statue vandalism held (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Inter-state gang of robbers busted - Jan 15, 2010
- Four vehicle thieves held in Haryana - Aug 24, 2010
- Four arrested with Rs.5 crore antique Buddha idol - Mar 23, 2011
- Two human-traffickers held, 14 kids rescued - Jun 26, 2011
- Arms smuggler held in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 10, 2011