Books to celebrate India’s spiritualityDecember 7th, 2010 - 4:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 7 (IANS) India’s ancient wisdom, culture and knowledge will be documented in Ananda, a new imprint of books on spirituality and heritage.
Ananda was launched this week with three books — “A Treasury of Indian Wisdom”, a selection of writings edited by Karan Singh, “Fingers Pointing to the Moon”, a series of talks on Adhyatma Upanishad by Osho, and a biography of Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, a contemporary spiritual figure, by Arundhathi Subramaniam.
“The books will cover a vast range of topics from religion and philosophy and biographies of spiritual leaders to inspirational stories and self-help,” said a senior commissioning editor at Penguin-India.
- Leadership, travel and thrill in the book pile (IANS Books This Week) - Dec 16, 2010
- 10-day spring literary carnival in Delhi from March 4 - Mar 02, 2011
- Spotlight on translations at Spring Fever fest - Mar 04, 2011
- Indira's leadership spirit sown in Santiniketan: Biographer - Nov 17, 2011
- Kristen Stewart turns to Gandhi for solace - Aug 23, 2012
- In words: A medley of spirituality, tolerance, trees (IANS Books This Week) - Mar 24, 2011
- Shringara, India, Karachi on weekend book cart (IANS Books This Week) - Oct 27, 2011
- Music, calligraphy, poetry in Vikram Seth's new work - Mar 17, 2012
- Dreams, movies, philosophy on bookshelf (IANS Books This Week) - Jul 28, 2011
- Books for India's young adults turn new page - Mar 05, 2011
- New Indira Gandhi biography casts light on life, politics - Nov 12, 2011
- Yogananda biography wins international award - May 25, 2012
- Karan Singh turns 80, PM releases documentary (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- India yet to see French style niche publishing - Feb 28, 2012
- Harlequin romance imprint in Penguin-India kitty - Jun 23, 2010
Tags: ancient wisdom, biographies, fingers, heritage, indian wisdom, inspirational stories, jaggi vasudev, karan singh, moon, New Delhi, osho, penguin, religion and philosophy, spiritual figure, spiritual leaders, spirituality, three books, treasury, upanishad, wisdom culture