Bon Jovi, Amitabh Bachchan to perform for a causeNovember 20th, 2008 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 20 (IANS) On Dec 7 Mumbai, Hong Kong and Los Angeles will simultaneously experience the power of music and entertainment as American rock singer Bon Jovi and Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan along with other stars take to the stage for the ‘Live Earth India’ concert. Joining them will be many celebrities like Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Anoushka Shankar, Arjun Rampal, Bipasha Basu, Farhan Akhtar, Hrithik Roshan, Jalebee Cartel, Preity Zinta, Roger Waters, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, Shiamak Davar, Sunidhi Chauhan, Sonu Nigam, Shaan and Vishal and Shekhar.
In its second year, the concert will see collaborations of western and Indian artists as they perform in different countries simultaneously.
Live Earth India will highlight personal and policy solutions to the climate crisis, offer support for India’s important environmental issues and causes, and provide a platform for India to solidify its leadership role on climate issues.
“Our mission is to leverage the power of music and entertainment to focus the world’s attention on the most pressing environmental issues of our time and then actively affect change,” said Live Earth founder Kevin Wall in a press release.
“The addition of these celebrated and influential artists will increase the force of our event and shine a spotlight on the challenges and opportunities surrounding climate change issues in India,” he added.
Produced globally by Control Room and in partnership with Wizcraft International Entertainment, the concert will reach millions of viewers worldwide through three of Star’s channels - Star Plus in India, UK and the Middle East, Star World in South East Asia, Hong Kong and India and Channel V in India.
Highlighting the cause and the channel’s association with the concert Star India Pvt Ltd’s Chief Executive Officer Uday Shankar said: “We are proud to be associated with this event, as it echoes our philosophy of improving the quality of life on our planet through building positive action for our environment.”
“We have always been committed to improving the emotional lives of our viewers through the content that we air and this is an extension of this endeavour to improve the physical quality of people’s lives,” he added.
The tickets for the concert are available online at bookmyshow.com/liveearthindia and are priced at Rs.625, Rs.1250 and Rs.2500.
- Coke Studio returns with musical symphony - May 18, 2012
- Now Star Plus shows same day, same time across globe - Jul 08, 2011
- 'Coke Studio@MTV 2' focuses on India's musical diversity - Jun 27, 2012
- Star India adopts HD technology, unveils new corporate logo - Apr 15, 2011
- Fly with Mickey, Minnie in Jet's Disney-themed aircraft (With image) - Jul 09, 2012
- Shillong Chamber Choir ready for personalised concert in Mumbai - Mar 28, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt, Sachin Tendulkar come together for cause - Sep 15, 2011
- Gear up for Sean Paul's India concerts - Jul 19, 2012
- Noddy comes to India! - Jul 13, 2012
- 'Star Plus' Unveils Its New Logo - Jun 12, 2010
- Air India to resume flights to most global destinations - Aug 12, 2012
- Small screen got starry, regional and real (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 18, 2010
- India's first Blues festival to kickstart in Mumbai - Feb 05, 2011
- Westinghouse forays into India, to invest Rs.70 crore - Nov 11, 2011
- Special 3D stage highlight of Star Parivaar Awards - Mar 10, 2012