Bombardier expects order for 100 more coaches from Delhi MetroFebruary 26th, 2009 - 4:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 26 (IANS) Bombardier Transportation, a unit of Germany-based Bombardier Inc, expects to get orders for 100 more metro coaches from Delhi Metro Rail Corp (DMRC), a company official said here Thursday.
The company has already bagged an order for 424 coaches from DMRC.
“The company has orders for 424 Delhi Metro cars valued at $727 million. However, we are expecting orders for another 100,” Stephane Rambaud-Measson, president of passenger division, Bombardier, told reporters on the sidelines of a conference.
“Of the total 424 cars, 380 coaches will be delivered before the Commonwealth Games and the rest 84 coaches will be operational before mid-2011,” he added.
The operational speed of these metro coaches will be 80 km per hour, while the design speed would be kept at 90 km per hour.
- Delhi Metro gets first car from Bombardier (Lead) - Feb 26, 2009
- Delhi Metro orders 40 subway cars from Bombardier - Jul 24, 2010
- From next month, Metro ride to get faster, more comfortable - Sep 16, 2009
- Delhi Metro to induct 8-coach trains on two busy corridors - May 02, 2012
- Delhi Metro rules out fare hike for now - Jun 28, 2012
- Metro to introduce eight coach trains by June - Jan 12, 2012
- Delhi Metro to induct eight-coach trains to ease rush - Jul 15, 2012
- Delhi Metro to add 800 lifts and escalators - Jan 06, 2012
- ABB to power Jaipur metro rail project - Apr 12, 2012
- Bombardier's profits dip despite robust metro demand - Sep 02, 2010
- Airport Metro line services suspended from Sunday - Jul 07, 2012
- BEML to deliver first coach to Bangalore Metro in October - Jun 21, 2010
- Signal snag hits thousands of Metro commuters (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Much-awaited Vaishali line may get delayed - Jul 02, 2011
- Multi-level car parking for Airport Metro commuters - Feb 06, 2012