Bomb threat at Delhi metro stationJuly 4th, 2010 - 6:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 4 (IANS) An anonymous caller Sunday telephoned the police and threatened to blow up the Uttar Nagar Metro station in west Delhi, prompting the authorities to beef up security in the capital, an official said.
“The call was made to Noida Superintendent of Police Ashok Kumar Singh at 2.08 p.m. The caller said a bomb was planted at the Uttam Nagar metro station. The CISF (Central Industrial Security Force) guards at the station was alerted immediately,” a CISF spokesperson told IANS.
The CISF alerted all other units at various Metro stations in Delhi and the national capital region region and security was beefed up.
“Following this, dog squads and anti-sabotage teams were deployed at the Uttam Nagar and other vital Metro stations. A thorough check is being done in all the stations,” the spokesperson said.
“Efforts are on to trace the caller,” he added.
- Delhi on high alert after blast - Sep 07, 2011
- Republic Day: Security beefed up, traffic diversions announced - Jan 21, 2011
- Hoax bomb threat at Chennai airport - Jun 10, 2011
- Bomb scare at Delhi Metro station - Apr 14, 2011
- 179 men penalised for using women's coach in Metro - Aug 04, 2011
- Heavily fortified Delhi gears up for Republic Day - Jan 25, 2011
- Delhi, adjoining states discuss security measures - Jul 14, 2011
- Security tightened across Delhi - Sep 20, 2010
- Two held for Delhi Metro brawl - Feb 01, 2012
- Power outage cripples Delhi Metro, thousands hit (Fourth Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- 21 women pickpockets held from Metro stations - Jul 23, 2011
- Elderly man tries suicide in Metro station, critically injured - Aug 15, 2012
- Delhi Metro tries to curb suicides at stations - Sep 06, 2012
- Bomb scare at Delhi airport - Apr 06, 2011
- Eight women pickpockets arrested from Delhi Metro station - May 03, 2012
Tags: anonymous caller, ashok kumar, authorities, bomb threat, central industrial security, cisf, delhi metro, july 4, metro station, metro stations, national capital region, New Delhi, sabotage, security force, spokesperson, superintendent, uttam, west delhi