Bomb scare on train in RajasthanSeptember 19th, 2011 - 3:35 pm ICT by IANS
Ajmer, Sep 19 (IANS) A bomb scare has been reported on board a train on way to Rajasthan’s Ajmer town Monday, police said.
Police have detained a man and said that the train has been evacuated and searched, but they were yet to declare whether the threat was for real or was a hoax.
“We got a message around 11 a.m. that there could be a bomb on board the Jodhpur-Ratlam Express. The train was to arrive at Ajmer soon after. We were already on high alert due to President Pratibha Patil’s presence in Ajmer,” an officer said.
Patil reached Ajmer on Monday to attend the 25th foundation day of Mayo College Girls’ School. She visited the dargah of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in the morning. Security had been tightened at the dargah and the school for her visit.
The train was halted at Kharwa Railway Station, some 40 kilometers from Ajmer and thoroughly checked with bomb disposal and dog squads.
“We have rounded up a man and his interrogation is on,” said the officer.
- Bansal offers chadar at Ajmer on PM's behalf - Apr 08, 2012
- 'Bilawal is like Rahul Gandhi' - Apr 08, 2012
- Pakistani prisoner may be released - Jul 27, 2011
- Pakistani virologist Chisty released, apex court told - Mar 19, 2012
- SC grants bail to Pakistani doctor Chisty - Apr 09, 2012
- VHP opposes release of Pakistani prisoner - Jun 24, 2011
- Pakistani prisoner, 80, moves closer to release - Aug 05, 2011
- Zardari prays at Ajmer dargah, donates $1mn (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Home ministry looking into Pakistani prisoner in Ajmer: PM - Aug 11, 2011
- The journey to Ajmer Sharif - from Akbar to Zardari - Apr 05, 2012
- India asks Pakistan to release Sarabjit - Aug 11, 2011
- Zardari arrives in Ajmer, heads for dargah - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari fourth Pakistani leader to visit Ajmer - Apr 03, 2012
- Send Chisty to Pakistan, Zardari tells Manmohan - Apr 14, 2012
- Ajmer shrine authorities mum on Zardari visit - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: ajmer, bomb disposal, bomb scare, college girls, dargah, foundation day, girls school, hoax, interrogation, jodhpur, kilometers, mayo college, moinuddin chishti, presence, president pratibha patil, railway station, train