Bomb scare in Delhi’s Tis Hazari courtDecember 4th, 2008 - 1:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 4 (IANS) There was panic in the Tis Hazari courts here Thursday after an anonymous caller threatened to blow up the complex, leading to proceedings being suspended for the day not just in the lower courts but also in the Delhi High Court, police said. “A call was received at the nearest police station at 9.12 a.m. claiming that six people would enter the court complex in lawyer’s dress and would plant explosives in the premises,” the official added.
He also said that the sprawling court complex in north Delhi would be blown up between 10 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.
“We have rushed to the scene along with the bomb disposal squad. Intensive searches are being carried out in the court complex,” the official added.
Following the threat, the Delhi High Court suspended all hearings, scheduled Thursday, for Friday.
- Bomb hoax at Delhi's Tis Hazari court (Lead) - Dec 04, 2008
- Lok Adalat settles 1,400 power bill cases - May 20, 2012
- 3,092 cases disposed off in Delhi Lok Adalat Sunday - Mar 18, 2012
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Woman arrested for providing surety on fake documents - Feb 26, 2012
- No kidding: Child labour rampant around Delhi courts - Oct 08, 2011
- Lawyers' strike to back Anna hits litigants (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Tis Hazari typist arrested for fraud - May 13, 2011
- Crummy Tis Hazari courthouse to finally get a facelift - Dec 29, 2011
- Mediation settles 60 percent of Delhi court cases - Jun 15, 2012
- Attack on judges: Delhi lawyers observe strike - May 18, 2012
- Delhi Bar Association poll cancelled, rescheduled for Feb 1 - Jan 25, 2012
- Bomb hoax on Howrah bridge - Sep 25, 2011
- Bomb hoax in Delhi buildings, hospitals creates panic (Lead) - Sep 08, 2009
- Lawyers' strike to back Anna hits litigants - Aug 17, 2011