Bomb scare in Delhi school found to be hoaxAugust 8th, 2008 - 2:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 8 (IANS) An anonymous telephone call threatening a bomb blast in a school in the capital sparked panic Friday but it turned out to be a hoax. The Guru Nanak Public School at Rajouri Garden in west Delhi received the call around 8.40 a.m., Deputy Commissioner of Police Sharad Aggarwal told IANS.
“The school immediately called the police. A Bomb Disposal Squad rushed to the school and the building was vacated,” Aggarwal said.
But the search yielded no bomb. The call could not be traced as the school telephone does not have caller ID facility, Aggarwal added. The school resumed classes around 10 a.m.
On Thursday, there were rumours about a terror strike at the Heritage School in Vasant Kunj in south Delhi, leading to its closure for the day.
- Chandigarh multiplex vacated after bomb threat - Jan 11, 2011
- Bomb scare at Delhi educational institution - May 08, 2012
- Anonymous caller threatens to kill PM, Vajpayee - May 04, 2011
- Bomb scare at Delhi airport - Apr 06, 2011
- Bomb scare at Taj Mahal - Jan 04, 2012
- Bomb hoax delays Delhi-bound Rajdhani in Goa (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Teenager arrested for hoax bomb call to Games Village - Oct 05, 2010
- Delhi Education Director cautions govt schools against terror attacks - Aug 08, 2008
- Businessman held for making bomb hoax call - May 16, 2011
- Bomb hoax in Delhi buildings, hospitals creates panic (Lead) - Sep 08, 2009
- Hoax call triggers panic in Delhi schools - Dec 03, 2008
- Rs.1 crore burglary at Delhi bank cashier's house - Jul 25, 2011
- Bomb hoax in Delhi buildings, hospitals leads to panic (Second Lead) - Sep 08, 2009
- Delhi student's murder: Cops probe friends - May 16, 2011
- Bookaroo outreach drive takes literature to schools - Nov 09, 2011