Bomb scare at Rajiv Chowk metro stationJanuary 27th, 2011 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 27 (IANS) Entry to the bustling Rajiv Chowk metro station was barred for an hour Thursday and a search undertaken after police received an anonymous call threatening to blow up the station. The call was later declared a hoax.According to a Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) official, the police received a call at 2.51 p.m. about a bomb in the station, following which entry points to the station were closed at 3.12 p.m.
“The station was not evacuated and those inside were boarding the trains and services were normal. But no one was allowed to enter after 3.12 p.m. A bomb squad came and screened the station thereafter and people were allowed to enter after 4.11 pm.” the official told IANS.
People were also allowed to use the interchange facility at the busy station during the episode.
- Bomb scare shuts Rajiv Chowk station for one hour (Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- Metro to curtail services for Republic Day, Beating retreat - Jan 24, 2011
- Snag on Metro's Gurgaon line affects services, rectified (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- Two central Delhi Metro stations to close early on New Year's eve - Dec 30, 2011
- Metro services to be curtailed on R-Day - Jan 23, 2012
- Bomb scare at Delhi Metro station - Apr 14, 2011
- 3 central Delhi Metro stations to close early on New Year's eve - Dec 29, 2010
- Efforts on to minimise Metro snags, say officials - Mar 30, 2012
- Metro commuters to get tips on safe travel - Feb 20, 2012
- Delhi Metro mock drill hits commuters (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Bomb alert at Delhi Metro station - Jun 29, 2012
- Bomb scare in Gurgaon building (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Businessman held for making bomb hoax call - May 16, 2011
- Auto strike sees Metro crowded, commuters lose cool (Lead) - May 20, 2011
- Metro services to be affected by Republic Day rehearsal - Jan 22, 2011