Bomb scare at Delhi Metro stationApril 14th, 2011 - 11:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 14 (IANS) Security forces carried out an extensive check after a call was received at the Anand Vihar Metro station Thursday threatening to blow it up, police said, adding the call turned out to be a hoax.
Police said that an anonymous call was received around 1.30 p.m and dog squads and bomb disposal teams were immediately rushed to the spot.
An officer of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), which guard all Metro stations, said all precautionary measures were taken.
“We searched the entire station and soon the situation was under control,” said the CISF officer.
However, the Metro services at the station were normal and no delay was caused, said the officer.
- Bomb threat at Delhi metro station - Jul 04, 2010
- Bomb alert at Delhi Metro station - Jun 29, 2012
- Bomb scare at Delhi airport - Apr 06, 2011
- Eight women pickpockets arrested from Delhi Metro station - May 03, 2012
- Man shot at in Metro station - Feb 04, 2012
- Bomb hoax in Kolkata IT hub, one held - Aug 25, 2010
- Bomb scare in Gurgaon building (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Another hoax call has Delhi Police on its toes - Sep 12, 2009
- Bomb scare at Rajiv Chowk metro station - Jan 27, 2011
- Delhi on high alert after blast - Sep 07, 2011
- Man detained making hoax bomb calls from hospital pay-phone - Sep 09, 2009
- Threat to blow up Bhopal railway station proves to be hoax - Mar 11, 2009
- Hoax call to blow up Delhi Police headquarters - Nov 06, 2011
- Bomb scare at Taj Mahal - Jan 04, 2012
- Chandigarh multiplex vacated after bomb threat - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: anand, april 14, bomb disposal, bomb scare, central industrial security, delhi metro, metro services, metro station, metro stations, New Delhi, precautionary measures, security force, security forces