Bomb scare at Delhi airportApril 6th, 2011 - 12:10 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 5 (IANS) Security officials launched a thorough check at Delhi airport late Tuesday after a caller told an airline’s call centre that he would trigger a bomb blast, police said. Airport officials said flight operations remained normal.
A security alert was issued at the Indira Gandhi International Airport soon after the call at 7 p.m.
The security agencies, including Delhi Police and the Central Industrial Security Force, pressed the dog squad and the bomb disposal squad into service to sanitise the area.
“The call centre of Air India received the telephone call around 7 p.m. in which the caller threatened to trigger a bomb blast,” said a senior police officer.
He said they had no specific information where the bomb was about to explode.
Meanwhile, a CISF official said that the caller did not say anything about where the bomb will explode.
“A meeting of the security officials declared it as a non-specific threat,” added the official.
“It can be a hoax call but we can’t take any chances and have gone through the standard procedure,” he said.
Sanjeev Ojha, a taxi driver, told IANS: “There were hundreds of security personnel across the airport checking almost every corner.”
- Hoax bomb threat at Chennai airport - Jun 10, 2011
- Jet Airways flight to Bahrain delayed over bomb scare - Sep 04, 2011
- Bomb scare at Delhi Metro station - Apr 14, 2011
- Bomb threat at Delhi metro station - Jul 04, 2010
- Bomb hoax delays Delhi-bound Rajdhani in Goa (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Ukrainian airport evacuated after bomb scare - Aug 21, 2012
- Delhi on high alert after blast - Sep 07, 2011
- Delhi blast probe: missing car may hold clue - Sep 08, 2011
- Teenager arrested for hoax bomb call to Games Village - Oct 05, 2010
- Man held in Delhi for hoax bomb call - Jun 18, 2012
- Bomb scare at Taj Mahal - Jan 04, 2012
- Hoax call to blow up Delhi Police headquarters - Nov 06, 2011
- Washer man held for hoax bomb call - Aug 10, 2011
- Chandigarh multiplex vacated after bomb threat - Jan 11, 2011
- Man held for bomb hoax in China - May 01, 2012
Tags: air india, airport officials, bomb blast, bomb disposal squad, bomb scare, call centre, central industrial security, delhi airport, delhi police, flight operations, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, police officer, security agencies, security alert, security force, security officials, security personnel, taxi driver, telephone call