Bomb hoaxes in Chandigarh, Amritsar (Lead)September 15th, 2008 - 10:33 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Sep 15 (IANS) A typed letter in Punjabi warning of a bomb blast at the high security Punjab mini secretariat complex here Monday led to the evacuation of employees before it proved to be a hoax, police said.Another bomb scare was reported from near the Lohgarh gurudwara in the Sikh holy city of Amritsar but it too turned out to be a hoax.
“Someone sent a letter written in Punjabi that a bomb has been planted in the premises of the mini secretariat in Sector 9. Following that, employees of the mini secretariat called the police control room and the police station in Sector 3,” Harsahai Sharma, station house officer of the Sector 3 police station, told IANS.
“The police reached the spot at 9.15 a.m. and the search operation went for around three hours. We took the help of sniffer dogs and the bomb disposal squad but could not find any explosives,” said Sharma.
A transistor radio abandoned outside the Lohgarh gurudwara in Amritsar created a scare in the area till the police and the bomb disposal squad checked it and found that it was a real transistor radio in working condition.
- Bomb hoax at Punjab mini secretariat - Sep 15, 2008
- Car with explosives found in Amritsar - May 08, 2010
- Moscow rail terminal briefly evacuated over hoax bomb threat - Dec 17, 2010
- Bomb scare on train in Rajasthan - Sep 19, 2011
- Bomb hoax on Howrah bridge - Sep 25, 2011
- Bomb scare at Delhi Metro station - Apr 14, 2011
- Car loaded with explosives found in Amritsar (Lead) - May 08, 2010
- Bomb hoax in Kolkata IT hub, one held - Aug 25, 2010
- Washer man held for hoax bomb call - Aug 10, 2011
- Bomb scare at Taj Mahal - Jan 04, 2012
- Bomb hoax at Chandigarh bus terminus - Mar 13, 2009
- Car with explosives found in Amritsar (Second Lead) - May 09, 2010
- Bomb hoax delays Delhi-bound Rajdhani in Goa (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Over 350 booked after Haryana farmers-cops clash - Jul 17, 2012
- DPS Ghaziabad evacuated after bomb hoax - Jan 21, 2010