Bomb hoax on Kingfisher flightAugust 30th, 2011 - 10:33 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai/Chandigarh, Aug 30 (IANS) Security agencies went into a tizzy Tuesday following a bomb scare on a Kingfisher Airlines Mumbai-Chandigarh flight, but it turned out to be hoax, officials said.
Police sources said that staff of the Kingfisher flight IT-3185, which had landed in Chandigarh Tuesday evening from Mumbai, found a used tissue paper with a message scribbled that there was a bomb on the flight.
The security agencies at the Chandigarh airport were alerted and a thorough inspection of the aircraft was carried out.
“However, nothing was found. It was a hoax. The flights were resumed after some time,” a police officer said in Chandigarh.
“All the passengers on board the flight had already deplaned when the security alert was received, while the incoming passengers had not yet boarded the aircraft,” a spokesperson of the airline told IANS in Mumbai.
Passengers of two more flights that arrived from Delhi were asked to stay inside the aircraft till the security drill was completed.
- Passenger de-planed for opening craft's emergency door - Sep 14, 2011
- Kingfisher's Mumbai-Lucknow flight grounded after bomb scare - May 20, 2010
- Jet Airways flight to Bahrain delayed over bomb scare - Sep 04, 2011
- Hoax bomb threat at Chennai airport - Jun 10, 2011
- Kerala Government orders probe into bomb found inside Kingfisher flight - Mar 22, 2010
- Hoax call grounds Kingfisher flight in Mumbai - May 20, 2010
- Crude bomb found inside Kingfisher flight - Mar 21, 2010
- Kingfisher flight makes emergency landing in Delhi - Jul 02, 2011
- Kingfisher flight returns to Mumbai after technical glitch - Jan 19, 2011
- British air steward made bomb threat to impress employer - Aug 22, 2012
- All airports on high alert following Kingfisher flight bomb scare - Mar 23, 2010
- Jet Airways aborts flight after smoke in tyre - Feb 17, 2011
- Nothing suspicious found on Delta flight in Mumbai (Lead) - Nov 05, 2010
- Karnataka's Hubli airport on high alert against terror attack - Sep 25, 2011
- Jet-Kingfisher aircraft collide, no casualties - Oct 23, 2010
Tags: airline, bomb hoax, bomb scare, chandigarh, flights, incoming passengers, kingfisher, kingfisher airlines, police officer, police sources, security agencies, security alert, spokesperson, tissue paper, tizzy, tuesday evening