Bomb hoax on Howrah bridgeSeptember 25th, 2011 - 6:47 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 25 (IANS) An anonymous call saying explosives had been planted on the Rabindra Setu (Howrah Bridge) kept police on tenterhooks for hours Sunday.
No explosives were found at the end of a thorough search. Meanwhile, vehicular movement on the bridge was kept uninterruped to prevent panic, police said.
At 9.12 a.m., the North Bidhan Nagar police station received a call saying bombs had been planted on the iconic 67-year-old bridge, a cantilevered marvel considered the gateway to Kolkata.
“We deputed search teams and bomb disposal squads,” Howrah Police Commissioner Ajey M. Ranade told IANS. “The teams made a thorough search with the help of sniffer dogs and other gadgets. But no explosives were found.”
No arrests have been made so far.
- Explosives recovered from Howrah station - Jan 12, 2010
- Explosives found at Howrah station - Feb 11, 2010
- Mentally ill man climbs up Howrah Bridge - Dec 03, 2010
- Girl commits suicide over failed love affair (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Girl attempts suicide by jumping into crowded Howrah tracks - Feb 14, 2012
- Bomb scare in Lahore - Aug 13, 2011
- Peaceful Ganesh processions on amid tight security in Hyderabad - Sep 11, 2011
- One hurt in blast at Kolkata hospital - Jun 30, 2012
- Powerful explosive device detected at Howrah station (Lead) - Feb 11, 2010
- Two arrested for hoax calls to blow up Howrah Bridge - Dec 22, 2008
- One killed in explosion at railway station in West Bengal - Jan 06, 2011
- Toll in Howrah bus accident rises to 14 - Jul 05, 2009
- BJP's 12-hour shutdown hits life in West Bengal - Nov 30, 2009
- Louisville Airport Bomb Scare Resolved - Dec 02, 2010
- Three held in Bengal for forcing woman to foetus sex test - Aug 07, 2012