Bomb hoax in NagpurJune 17th, 2008 - 4:15 pm ICT by IANS
Nagpur, June 17 (IANS) A call to the Nagpur police threatening to blow up the railway station here Tuesday turned out to be a hoax. The city police control room got a prank call Tuesday saying the railway station would be blown up at 3.00 p.m., putting the police machinery in high alert.
The bomb detection and disposal squad (BDDS) checked the call received at the SOS 100 number and found that it was a hoax call made from a coin-box public call booth outside the city, police said.
“It was a bogus call. there is nothing to worry,” police inspector A.V. Karmarkar told IANS, adding that the city police had nevertheless alerted the railway police.
- Maharashtra Police defuse live bomb in Pune - Feb 11, 2011
- Businessman held for making bomb hoax call - May 16, 2011
- Boy's prank call sends Bangalore police into tizzy - Jun 13, 2010
- Bomb scare at Delhi educational institution - May 08, 2012
- Bomb hoax delays Delhi-bound Rajdhani in Goa (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Man arrested for hoax bomb call - Jun 12, 2010
- Bomb scare on train in Rajasthan - Sep 19, 2011
- Washer man held for hoax bomb call - Aug 10, 2011
- Bomb scare at Delhi Metro station - Apr 14, 2011
- Jackie Chan is the latest victim of a death hoax - Mar 30, 2011
- Maoists attack policemen, blow rail tracks in Jharkhand (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- 30,000 cops to ensure peaceful Delhi civic polls - Apr 12, 2012
- Delhi Bomb Scare Creates Panic - Sep 08, 2009
- Man abandons daughters at Jammu railway station, arrested - Oct 18, 2010
- Man behind hoax call arrested - Sep 07, 2010