Bomb hoax at Delhi’s Tis Hazari court (Lead)December 4th, 2008 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 4 (IANS) An anonymous call threatening to blow up the Tis Hazari courts Thursday turned out to be a hoax though it led to a scare at the busy court complex and suspension of work.”The call was a hoax,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sagarpreet Hooda.
A police station got the call stating that six people would enter the court complex dressed like lawyers and plant explosives in the premises.
The caller said the sprawling court complex in north Delhi would be blown up between 10 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.
Following the threat, the Delhi Bar Association announced a holiday in the court and all matters were posted for Friday.
The police have received about 100 hoax calls this year and the number has increased after the Sep 13 serial blasts in the capital.
- Washer man held for hoax bomb call - Aug 10, 2011
- Bomb scare in Delhi's Tis Hazari court - Dec 04, 2008
- Hoax call to blow up Delhi Police headquarters - Nov 06, 2011
- Lok Adalat settles 1,400 power bill cases - May 20, 2012
- Bomb hoax in Kolkata IT hub, one held - Aug 25, 2010
- Security tightened at Delhi's district courts - Dec 13, 2008
- Lawyers' strike to back Anna hits litigants (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Lawyers' strike to back Anna hits litigants - Aug 17, 2011
- Chandigarh multiplex vacated after bomb threat - Jan 11, 2011
- Tis Hazari typist arrested for fraud - May 13, 2011
- Delhi lawyers observe strike on bar council's call - Jul 11, 2012
- Woman arrested for providing surety on fake documents - Feb 26, 2012
- Bomb scare delays Pakistani flight - Sep 10, 2012
- Four injured as undertrials clash in Delhi court - Jun 09, 2011
- Man held for impersonating as judicial officer - Jun 14, 2011