Bomb explodes in Karnataka court, none injuredMay 10th, 2008 - 5:41 pm ICT by admin
Bangalore, May 10 (IANS) A bomb exploded in the premises of the judicial magistrate’s court in Hubli in north Karnataka Saturday as the state held its first phase of assembly polls. There was no one present as it was a government holiday, police said. The explosion took place between 1.30 and 1.40 p.m., damaging furniture and shattering glass panes, a police spokesperson told IANS over phone from Hubli, about 420 km from Bangalore.
“The bomb squad has been called to determine the nature of the device used,” the spokesperson said.
Every second Saturday of the month is a government holiday in Karnataka. Offices and lower courts observe full working days on other Saturdays.
- Smashed windows, burnt car and barricades at blast site - Feb 14, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast needs probe abroad, court told - Jun 02, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Kazmi's custody extended - Apr 07, 2012
- Hot water truck explodes in China, one dead - Jul 10, 2012
- Israeli car blast: Kazmi moves bail application - Mar 30, 2012
- Israeli embassy car bombing: Kazmi opposes court order - Jun 06, 2012
- Terror alert for railway police in Karnataka - Aug 13, 2012
- Give copies of remand application to Kazmi: Court - May 25, 2012
- Angry over case delays, man damages judge's car - Nov 17, 2011
- Israeli embassy car blast: 'Missing' documents traced - May 24, 2012
- Karnataka's Hubli airport on high alert against terror attack - Sep 25, 2011
- Narrow escape for 1,000 train passengers in Assam - Jun 17, 2011
- 1,000 train passengers escape disaster in Assam (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Firecracker blast causes panic in Bangalore - Sep 09, 2011
- Blast in Israeli embassy car: Kazmi's bail plea dismissed (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012