Bomb blast in Kanpur, five injuredOctober 14th, 2008 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
Kanpur, Oct 14 (IANS) At least five people were injured in a minor bomb explosion in Kanpur city of Uttar Pradesh Tuesday evening, police said, adding that it was seemingly caused by firecrackers and not a terrorist attack. The explosion took place in Colonelganj locality of the city around 7 p.m., police officials said.
“It seems that a man had purchased firecrackers ahead of the Diwali festival and he left his bag on his bicylce. Apparently, the firecrackers went off accidentally, injuring five people including three children,” senior superintendent of police H.R. Sharma told IANS.
Senior police officials had rushed to the spot and the injured were rushed to hospital, he said.
- Five injured in Kanpur blast (Lead) - Oct 14, 2008
- Five injured in Kanpur blast, police deny terror angle (Second Lead) - Oct 14, 2008
- 30 dead as flames engulf firecracker factory (Third Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Kanpur blast solved with arrest of two: police - Oct 16, 2008
- Firecracker blast causes panic in Bangalore - Sep 09, 2011
- 30 dead as flames engulf firecracker factory (Second Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Cracker blast at Gorakhnath temple raises security concerns - Sep 26, 2011
- 33 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fourth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- 36 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fifth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Bangkok's Iranian bomber loses legs, four others injured (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Another explosion in Allahabad, five kids injured - Jun 07, 2012
- Bomb scare outside Delhi college (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Second bomb scare in Delhi in five days (Second Lead) - May 30, 2011
- 30 dead as flames engulf firecracker factory (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Nashik blast kills three, police rule out bomb - Jun 08, 2011