Bomb blast convict’s bail plea rejectedNovember 29th, 2010 - 8:40 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, Nov 29 (IANS) The Gujarat High Court Monday rejected the interim bail plea of a 2002 Ahmedabad bomb blast convict to attend a wedding in the family.
A division bench of Justice A.M. Kapadia and Justice B.N. Mehta rejected the plea of Rahim Khan, who’s serving 10 years’ imprisonment for placing a crude bomb in a scooter near Memco cross roads in Naroda area of Ahmedabad in May 2002.
There were no injuries or casualties in the explosion.
Government counsel J.M. Panchal argued that the grounds cited in the bail plea were not satisfactory. Khan had sought bail for attending his nephew’s marriage.
A trial court had convicted Khan under Prevention of Terrorism Act (POTA) after holding him guilty of conspiracy behind the bomb blast. His appeal against the conviction is pending before the high court.
- Court issues notice to two 2002 Gujarat riots accused - Apr 02, 2011
- Gujarat riots: Court allows voice sample test of Bajrangi - Dec 06, 2010
- Godhra verdict: Ahmedabad court convicts 31, acquits 63 (Second Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- SC split verdict on Madani's bail plea in Bangalore blast case - May 04, 2011
- Probe on 'doctored' Gujarat riots affidavits - Jul 11, 2011
- Gujarat to challenge Pandya case accquittals - Sep 13, 2011
- Bail plea of Akshardham terror attack accused admitted - Dec 20, 2010
- Ahmedabad blasts convicts' sentences enhanced - Jan 24, 2011
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Naroda witnesses happy with court verdict (With Image) - Aug 29, 2012
- 31 convicted in Godhra train burning, sentencing Friday (Third Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- Supreme Court denies bail to Bangalore blast accused - Jan 03, 2012
- Maharashtra questioned on Pragya Singh's bail plea - Aug 30, 2010
- Akshardham attack accused's plea against witnesses dismissed - Mar 19, 2010
- Trial court told to decide on POTA confessions - Jun 18, 2010
Tags: ahmedabad, bail plea, bomb blast, casualties, convict, conviction, cross roads, division bench, government counsel, gujarat high court, imprisonment, kapadia, mehta, nephew, panchal, pota, prevention of terrorism, rahim khan, terrorism act, trial court