Bolton’s Muamba starts walking againApril 6th, 2012 - 6:40 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 6 (IANS) Bolton Wanderers manager Owen Coyle confirmed that midfielder Fabrice Muamba was walking again and continues to recover after an on-field collapse last month.
The 23-year-old suffered cardiac arrest March 18 in the English FA Cup quarterfinal game against Tottenham and was rushed to a London Chest Hospital where he spent two days in medically-induced coma at the London Chest Hospital.
It took 78 minutes for his heart to start working on its own again, but Muamba has made incredible progress since then and last Friday a picture of him sitting up in his hospital bed and smiling was posted on Twitter.
“He has done some short periods of walking down the corridor he is in as part of the unit, staying in intensive care,” Coyle was quoted as saying ESPN Soccernet.
“He is taking steps, talking and has that big smile which we love to see, so he is certainly progressing the right way.”
He added: “My chairman Phil Gartside was there yesterday with our club doctor Jonathan Tobin, and our club chaplain Phil Mason will be there today to continue the support from the football club.”
- Muamba posts picture on Twitter - Mar 30, 2012
- Bolton midfielder Muamba critically ill after collapse - Mar 18, 2012
- Zambia to review medical system for football players - Mar 22, 2012
- England's Muamba quits football - Aug 15, 2012
- Bolton sign winger Wylde on free transfer - Mar 17, 2012
- Muamba showing signs of recovery - Mar 20, 2012
- Bolton's Cahill set for Chelsea move - Dec 30, 2011
- Lukaku contemplating loan move away from Chelsea - Mar 02, 2012
- Van Persie likely to miss friendly match - Feb 29, 2012
- Student jailed for offensive Muamba tweets - Mar 27, 2012
- Manchester City top Premier League as Bolton takes emotional win - Mar 25, 2012
- Everton sign Croat striker Nikica Jelavic - Feb 01, 2012
- Bolton boss accuses referees of gifting Premier League title to Chelsea - Apr 14, 2010
- Adebayor, Terry call for goal-line technology - Apr 16, 2012
- Henry fires Arsenal into the 4th round of FA Cup - Jan 10, 2012
Tags: bolton wanderers, cardiac arrest, collapse, english fa cup, espn, espn soccernet, fabrice muamba, football club, gartside, intensive care, jonathan tobin, last friday, london chest hospital, phil mason, quarterfinal game, short periods, taking steps, tottenham, twitter, wanderers manager