Bolton midfielder Muamba critically ill after collapseMarch 18th, 2012 - 3:35 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 18 (IANS) Bolton Wanderers midfielder Fabrice Muamba is “critically ill” after collapsing to the ground in an English football FA Cup quarterfinal tie against Tottenham Hotspur.”Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Fabrice Muamba has been admitted to the Heart Attack Center at the London Chest Hospital where he is currently in a critically ill condition in intensive care,” said a statement from Bolton club.
“No further information will be issued at this stage. The club and hospital request that the media and public respect the family’s privacy at this time.”
The 23-year-old, a former England under-21 player, collapsed to the ground clutching his chest with no other players around him in the match Saturday.
Several medical staff members tried to revive him by using mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and a defibrillator.
When the medics arrived Muamba’s face was on the turf and he was (electronically) charged on at least two occasions, Xinhua reported.
After talking with both sides’ managers, the referee called the players off the ground. The match lasted only 41 minutes and was abandoned with a 1-1 score.
- Muamba posts picture on Twitter - Mar 30, 2012
- Zambia to review medical system for football players - Mar 22, 2012
- England's Muamba quits football - Aug 15, 2012
- Bolton's Muamba starts walking again - Apr 06, 2012
- FIFA moves to prevent on-pitch cardiac arrests - May 26, 2012
- Student jailed for offensive Muamba tweets - Mar 27, 2012
- Muamba showing signs of recovery - Mar 20, 2012
- Manchester City top Premier League as Bolton takes emotional win - Mar 25, 2012
- Boy,10, dies making snowhouse in Britain - Feb 09, 2012
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Tottenham Hotspur still has chances of signing Beckham: Redknapp - Jan 10, 2011
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012
- Livorno footballer dies of heart attack - Apr 15, 2012
- Ledley King retires from football - Jul 19, 2012
- Stoke City stun Tottenham in EPL, Sunderland stage dramatic win - Dec 12, 2011