Bolt to take part in Bislett Games in JuneJanuary 12th, 2012 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, Jan 12 (IANS) Triple Olympic champion Usain Bolt of Jamaica confirmed that he will compete in the Bislett Games in Oslo June 7 to prepare for the London Olympic Games in August.
Bolt, 25, world record holder in the 100 and 200m, surrendered his 100m world title to compatriot Johan Blake due to a false start at the 2011 Dague World Championship.
“My preparations have been good this fall,” Bolt was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
“I am injury free, working hard and everything is going according to plan. I hope to come to Bislett prepared and ready to run a great race.
“This year is really important for me as it is an Olympic year and I am aiming to defend my three gold medals from Beijing. My 100m race at Bislett stadium on 7th June will be an important stepping stone towards that goal,” he said.
- Olympic champion Bolt starts season with home event - Apr 18, 2012
- Bolt squares off with Powell again in Oslo - Jun 07, 2012
- Bolt to make season debut at home - Mar 17, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Bolt warns Blake off 200m gold - Aug 08, 2012
- Forget winning 200m title, Bolt tells Blake - Aug 08, 2012
- Olympics: Blake downplays experience factor in 100m contest - Aug 02, 2012
- Bolt escapes unhurt in a minor car crash - Jun 11, 2012
- Olympics: Bolt admits to pressure ahead of 100m conquest - Aug 07, 2012
- Bolt unfazed despite two shockers from Blake - Jul 05, 2012
- Gay says Olympic 100m open affair after Paris win - Jul 08, 2012
- Blake warns Bolt with convincing 100m win - May 11, 2012
- Olympic athletics: I have nothing left to prove, says Bolt (Second Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Fit-again Bolt admits to past back injury - Jul 27, 2012
- Blake clocks this year's fastest 100m - Apr 16, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Bolt claims historic double with 200m gold (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012