Bollywood should also come to Goa for IFFI: JackieNovember 23rd, 2011 - 1:34 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Nov 23 (IANS) Bollywood actors and industry professionals should not see Goa merely as a holiday destination, but also participate in the International Film Festival of India (IFFI), which is hosted here, said actor Jackie Shroff Wednesday.
Speaking to reporters in Panaji, the plain-speaking Shroff also said that he would urge his friends and colleagues in the industry to participate in IFFI more whole- heartedly.
“People come here (Goa) for a holiday. They should also come here during IFFI,” Shroff said, after inaugurating the ‘Raj Kapoor’ lounge, for directors at the IFFI venue.
“I am going to request people from the film industries in India, like Marathi, Tamil, Bengali also to come here for the festival… People keep talking about Cannes, let’s make Goa better than all that,” Shroff said.
The 42nd IFFI kicks off here Wednesday.
Shroff, a regular visitor to Goa for several decades now, said that it has changed over the years and advised the people and state government to ensure that development in the beach state is done in conformation with the environmental needs of the region.
- Ecelectic mix and new cinema tech on show at IFFI - Nov 30, 2011
- Tags to Raj Kapoor lounge - sponsors chip in at IFFI - Nov 18, 2011
- IFFI aims to be 'people friendly' - Sep 05, 2011
- Kamat's constituency gets Rs.15 crore to build cinema halls - Nov 25, 2011
- 'Filmmakers not being involved in film popularisation in Goa' - Dec 01, 2011
- Goa film fest boosting our brand, says Kingfisher - Nov 17, 2010
- Veteran actress Waheeda Rehman inaugurates 40th International Film Festival of India - Nov 24, 2009
- Goa To Uphold Itself As Film Shooting Spot During IFFI - Sep 21, 2010
- IFFI to be part of Incredible India campaign: Official - Nov 12, 2011
- IFFI 2010 begins from Nov. 22 at Panaji - Nov 19, 2010
- Regional cinema should get prime slots at IFFI: Kannada filmmaker - Nov 30, 2011
- IFFI organisers use football to warm up Goans to films - Nov 11, 2011
- On-road protests to lend new focus to Goa film fest - Nov 22, 2011
- Jackie wants to kill me over Salma Hayek: Gulshan Grover - Nov 24, 2010
- For Goa church, it's IFFI versus saint's feast - Oct 17, 2011
Tags: bengali, bollywood actors, cannes, colleagues, conformation, decades, film industries, goa, holiday destination, iffi, India, industry professionals, international film festival, jackie shroff, marathi, panaji, raj kapoor, state government, tamil