Bollywood prays for World Cup gloryApril 2nd, 2011 - 2:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 2 (IANS) Bollywood stars are backing India to beat Sri Lanka at the World Cup final at the Wankhede Stadium here Saturday, and hoping that Sachin Tendulkar’s 100th international ton will be the icing on the cake.
Actor Vivek Oberoi said: “My wife Priyanka and I will be cheering for India at the stadium. We hope to win this World Cup for the Little Master Sachin Tendulkar. He surely deserves this feather in his illustrious cap! A billion hearts will be beating today as one. I’m praying for the boys in blue to make India proud.”
“I’ll have my friends over to watch. I’m sure with the hard work put in by our team, Dhoni’s sharp mind and God’s grace, our boys are gonna win win win!” cheered Esha Deol.
Chitrangda Singh said she will watch the match at home with friends and family, and is waiting to see Sachin score a century.
According to Pakistani actor Veena Malik, “India is the most favourite to win the World Cup.”
Shilpa Shetty anticipates a tough match.
“I’m watching it at home. It’s going to be a tough match. Whoever plays better cricket on Saturday will win. Both teams are equally good. Now, consistency will be the true test. But of course I want India to win,” she said.
However, actor Vinay Pathak is confident about India’s chances.
“India will win this one, once we get their openers. I will be watching at home. This is history in the making, the kind of stuff I’d be telling my grandchildren about,” he said.
“Of course India will win. I’ll be watching the match with family at home,” said Sohail Khan.
- What was Bollywood doing when India-Pakistan match was on? (Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
- Bollywood stars descend on Mohali for showdown - Mar 30, 2011
- Bollywood tweet-cheers for India in World Cup - Feb 19, 2011
- It's time to party, says Indian music industry - Apr 03, 2011
- Twitter abuzz with congratulations on India's win - Apr 03, 2011
- Aamir, SRK to add star power at Wankhede Stadium - Apr 01, 2011
- On or off shoot, Bollywood celebs catch India-Pakistan match - Mar 30, 2011
- India salutes cricket World Cup heroes - Apr 03, 2011
- I was confident India will win: Lata Mangeshakar - Apr 03, 2011
- Don't know what the future holds: Yuvraj - Apr 11, 2012
- Indian team dedicates World Cup to nation, Sachin - Apr 03, 2011
- Veena Malik to boost adrenaline at Mohali semifinal - Mar 30, 2011
- After Sehwag, Tendulkar's exit, cheers give way to fears - Apr 02, 2011
- We want our cricket to talk: Ponting - Mar 23, 2011
- Hype will make it tough for Tendulkar: West Indies coach - Nov 04, 2011
Tags: actor vinay, bollywood stars, chitrangda singh, consistency, cricket, esha deol, grandchildren, hearts, icing on the cake, match, pathak, priyanka, sachin tendulkar, shilpa shetty, sohail khan, true test, veena malik, vivek oberoi, wankhede stadium, world cup glory