Bollywood mourns lovable ‘Junglee’ Shammi Kapoor’s deathAugust 14th, 2011 - 1:53 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 14 (IANS) Amitabh Bachchan feels that with the demise of Shammi Kapoor Bollywood’s flamboyance and joi de verve has been lost, while Riteish Deshmukh described the “Junglee” star as the most stylish actor ever. Mourning the death of the legend, actors young and old Sunday expressed sadness over the era that had ended with his death.
“Shammi Kapoorji passed away this morning at 5:15 am. Rushing there now. The flamboyance and joi de verve of the Industry lost!,” tweeted actor Amitabh Bachchan.
“Shammi ji: An entire life full of optimism and happy spirit, caring loving to all… Now suddenly silent,” he tweeted again.
Kapoor had been an inspiration for the new generation of film stars as he was internet savvy and easily connected with new ideas, thereby being a friend and a guide for the new generation of actors.
Stating the same, actress Priyanka Chopra tweeted: “Sometimes no amount of kind words can compensate for a loss! Bhole baba ki jai Shammi maharajji. He he was our guruji. I am at a loss.”
“He was an inspiration not just for his style and the films he did, but also his attitude towards life. We will miss you Shammi uncle, RIP,” tweeted actress Deepika Padukone.
Actor and filmmaker Farhan Akhtar tweeted: “Mr. Shammi Kapoor. Never before - Never again. Thank you for the wonderful cinematic memories and life lessons. RIP.”
“The most stylish actor ever. We love you and we will miss you,” tweeted actor Riteish Deshmukh.
Shreya Ghoshal: “What a legacy of great music was associated with Shammiji.”
Celina Jaitly: “Tremendous entertainer. Also one of the first champions of internet in India. RIP Shammi Kapoor.”
Aftab Shivdasani: “Another legend passes away. Shammiji Kapoor, such a jovial and positive person. I had the good fortune of interacting with him, rest in peace.”
Actress, VJ and Singer Sophie Choudry tweeted: “For me, Shammiji brought life to music and dance like no other! His style was unique, fun, flamboyant and he found a place in evryone’s heart! A true Star.”
New-age composer Vishal Dadlani tweeted: “Mr. Shammi Kapoor, RIP. You danced like nobody was watching.”
A member of the famed Kapoor family, the actor passed away at the Breach Candy Hospital at 5 a.m. He was admitted to the hospital a week ago after renal failure.
He was the second of three sons born to the iconic Prithviraj Kapoor. His equally versatile actor brothers were Raj Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor.
- Shammiji told Jaya he's tired: Big B - Aug 15, 2011
- Mona Kapoor passes away, B-town mourns - Mar 25, 2012
- Dilip, Saira give hand impression for Riteish's museum - Feb 02, 2012
- Riteish gets handprints from 25 stars for Legends Walk - Dec 22, 2011
- Veteran actor Shammi Kapoor is dead (Fourth Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Shammi Kapoor is immortal: Amar Singh - Aug 15, 2011
- Veteran actor Shammi Kapoor is dead (Third Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Politicians mourn Shammi Kapoor's death - Aug 14, 2011
- Shammi Kapoor's surprise visit to Shaukat Azmi - Mar 15, 2011
- Bollywood mourns Vilasrao Deshmukh - Aug 14, 2012
- Shammi was a fabulous singer: Lata - Aug 14, 2011
- Shammi-ji has left behind lot of love: Ranbir - Sep 20, 2011
- Shammi Kapoor: Rocking and rolling down memory aisles (Tribute on his 80th birthday) - Oct 20, 2011
- Shammi Kapoor's leading ladies will miss the star - Aug 14, 2011
- Walk of the Stars to begin with Kapoors - Mar 27, 2012
Tags: actress priyanka, aftab shivdasani, amitabh bachchan, celina jaitly, deepika padukone, farhan akhtar, film stars, flamboyance, good fortune, guruji, joi de, junglee, music and dance, priyanka chopra, rest in peace, riteish deshmukh, shammi kapoor, shreya ghoshal, sophie choudry, vj